Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to delete record

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help to delete record

I have ONE collection listed on my EQ report that is a paid medical collection.

I have been through the HIPAA process but it still remains.  Paid to OC.

I have a contact at my local hospital who I have been in contact with about the account.  She just called and said she spoke to someone higher up who said they could give me a letter stating that the acct is paid blah blah blah.  I think what is happening is that they don't understand how the process works.   It is being reported by the the CA.  I told her I need them to recall the account from the CA so I can have it deleted.   She said she will try again and see if she can get that.   I have seen a good delete from CA letter here but I can't find it.   I would like to get something I can just give to her so they can give me a good letter that will work.    

Does anyone have something I can use???

Thanks for your help!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help to delete record

I have my one remaining paid medical as well that they refuse to delete. Went through the HIPPA process, properly, and it's still not deleted.

Be glad you have a nice person at the hospital who is working with you. 

I don't know if I should just try the HIPAA process again later. They've verifiied already several times.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes likewise I am thankful that I have someone nice at the hospital to work with.  I just hope she can get it done.

Anybody have any suggestions????  Please???

Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

love2golf wrote:

I have ONE collection listed on my EQ report that is a paid medical collection.

I have been through the HIPAA process but it still remains.  Paid to OC.

I have a contact at my local hospital who I have been in contact with about the account.  She just called and said she spoke to someone higher up who said they could give me a letter stating that the acct is paid blah blah blah.  I think what is happening is that they don't understand how the process works.   It is being reported by the the CA.  I told her I need them to recall the account from the CA so I can have it deleted.   She said she will try again and see if she can get that.   I have seen a good delete from CA letter here but I can't find it.   I would like to get something I can just give to her so they can give me a good letter that will work.    

Does anyone have something I can use???

Thanks for your help!!!

Please list all of the letters you wrote, to whom, when, when they were received, the result and were they sent CMRRR, or CM? Do you have a folder containing all of this stuff? Did you opt-out with the CRAs and your current creditors you are in good standing with? Is the address on your CRs correct?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have a folder with all the info.

I did OPT out and my address is correct.

I have to get my folder out to look at the dates but this is the short version.

Paid OC

Pre hipaa to CRA  (CM)

Verified by CRA as mine, paid

Sent alt dv to CA (CMRRR)

Recvd hipaa authorization form from CA.  I did not sign or return.

Sent copy of green card and follow up letter to CRA (CMRRR)

Recvd verified by CRA.

I really just want a good letter that I can show to the OC of what I am looking for in order for them to rescind the acct from the CA.

Thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Please come back and post all of the dates for the payment and letters. Also, have the CRAs marked the med coll as disputed and verified?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they have.
Message 7 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, got it! I'll wait for those dates from you, then we can decide if you should file a HIPAA complaint and a complaint with the FTC.
Message Edited by fused on 02-03-2009 06:24 PM
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping to avoid the HIPAA complaint.  Since I have someone at the hospital who I am working with I would really like to work it out without going through that whole process.   

When I spoke to her today I just really felt like she was willing but she did not get the concept of having the account withdrawn from the CA instead of just updating it.  I believe she thought that if they updated to a zero balance ( the hospital) that it would take care of it.    We are talking small town hospital so I doubt she has had lots of experience with the process.

Thanks for all your help Fused!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.