Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with CU!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with CU!

I need help with how to get my late credit card payments with my bank/Suncoast CU removed.

Background... I've been a member for a long time. I currently bank with them and have a balance on a closed credit card. The card was closed several years ago when I made a late payment on a car loan that I also had with Suncoast. It was an oversight on my part and I remedied the situation. However this was also when the economy was going down so it wasn't unusual for me to make my car payment a week or two late. I called Suncoast at the time and they told me that if I wanted it reopened that it would essentially be new credit request as if I was never a card holder. I declined and was annoyed because I had the card since 2006 and it had an awesome APR. I set up a monthly autopay that made the minimum payments plus $20-30. All was fine until 2014 when I attempted to use my debit card and couldn't. I called Suncoast and was told it was because I was approaching 3 months of no credit card payment. I paid over the phone and intended to look into it further at a later but near date. Now after several phone calls to Suncoast and getting nowhere with my autopay issue complaint for past couple years, I'm trying to get a mortgage and relatively short period of time. I wasn't planning on purchasing a home so I've been a slacker with checking my credit report.

Now it appears that in the past 24 months, my report shows that I have only made 14 payments on time. These are the only late payments I have for the past two year out of all of my accounts.

Complicated part is that I procrastined on my initial follow up into why autopay suddenly stopped. When I talked to Suncoast three months later the guy kept telling me didn't show where I ever had autopay for credit card. Now that's bizarre because I never had any problems prior to this. He wasn't helpful and not thinking about my credit report at the time, I accepted the result and figured I'd make the payments. In 2015, my husband's grandmother was in the hospital and then into a hospice-like facility. We were traveling from Florida to Ohio on and office for a good six months and I was handling the grandma's finances as a courtesy and so it wasn't an additional concern for the family. I did good with her's and fell behind on my one credit account that I dont have on autopay... Suncoast.

Essentially, 2014 late payments were bizarre autopay issue that I never entirely understand. 2015 personal/family issues. 2016 I have one late payment which was oversight on my part. Given the history, I don't think there's any chance for me to get these removed. Below is my history for 2014 and 2015 the emphasized months are the ones reporting on my CR.

August - $0

September - $0

October - $0

November - $100

December - $0

January - $0

February - $85 and $50

March - $0

April - $100

May - $0

June - $0

July - $0

August - $87

September - $0

October - ?

November - $0

December - $120

Any suggestions? I've been reading posts on here for 3 days. Think I may above and beyond any goodwill adjustment, if those even work. Can't necessarily dispute them because I was late. Was wondering if I went to the bank and spoke with something and went over all of this that just maybe I could get some of it removed but I'm thinking I need to go with a check for the balance that I owe. ??? Help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with CU!

Hello Nelson! I too have suncoast. In June I opened a few loans and secured credit card with them. I spoke with an amazing CSR. I know what department he works in and his name. I would suggest you call and ask to speak with him directly. He went above and beyond for me so hopefully you will receive the same treatment. Please send me a PM if you would like the details. Good luck :]

Message 2 of 3
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help with CU!

PM me for some contact info - My assistant manager's wife is in management with Suncoast, I will see if I can get some contact info for yo

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.