cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Fair Collections and Outsourcing (FCO)

tag
Jaxxx

Need help with Fair Collections and Outsourcing (FCO)

I am in the process of repairing my badly beaten credit (scores around 500 in 11/2011, now in the upper 600's) from making awful decisions as a young adult. I have been fairly successful up to this point and I only have one derogatory account on my CR that I need advice on fighting. In the summer of 2009 I leased an apartment with a friend and things went sour pretty fast. Luckily (or so i tohught) I am in the military and received orders to a new duty station. Unfortunately I handled this in the worst way possible and packed up my stuff, dropped off a copy of my orders at the leasing office and took off. I have disputed this with all three CRA's and they all just update the information. Do I have any course of action to get this account removed? Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note. The date opened on my credit report is 05/06/2010 but I left the apartment that I was renting in August of 2009. Is this a detail worthy of disputing?

Account Name FCO Account Number ******* Condition Derogatory Responsibility Joint Current Balance $2,381 Original Balance $2,381 Status 9 Original Creditor   Opened 05/06/2010 Remarks Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

Starting Score: 513
Current Score: 588
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help with Fair Collections and Outsourcing (FCO)

@Jaxxx wrote:

I am in the process of repairing my badly beaten credit (scores around 500 in 11/2011, now in the upper 600's) from making awful decisions as a young adult. I have been fairly successful up to this point and I only have one derogatory account on my CR that I need advice on fighting. In the summer of 2009 I leased an apartment with a friend and things went sour pretty fast. Luckily (or so i tohught) I am in the military and received orders to a new duty station. Unfortunately I handled this in the worst way possible and packed up my stuff, dropped off a copy of my orders at the leasing office and took off. I have disputed this with all three CRA's and they all just update the information. Do I have any course of action to get this account removed? If there are special military laws regarding this I would invoke them and settle, if not I would DV the CA and if it sticks then move to PFD. If this is still inside states SOL be careful, I would not even contact them unless I had the funds to PIFsince they could still sue me. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note. The date opened on my credit report is 05/06/2010 but I left the apartment that I was renting in August of 2009. Is this a detail worthy of disputing? The DoFD sets the date for states SOL & CRTP, this date is just when the collection was opened

Account Name FCO Account Number ******* Condition Derogatory Responsibility Joint Current Balance $2,381 Original Balance $2,381 Status 9 Original Creditor   Opened 05/06/2010 Remarks Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.