Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with IC Systems - PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with IC Systems - PFD?

I have been working on repairing my credit for four years - several things removed, no negatives.  A new negative was posted to my account on 9/1 for a debt from 2007.  The OC was in Oklahoma - I moved, and assume that's why I never received letters or phone calls to notify me of the debt.  According to the OC, the last date of activity was June 2007.  This knocked me down 48 points...the entry from my report is below.  Should I call IC Systems and ask for a PFD?  The SOL has expired.  Call the OC and ask for a PFD?  When I was first alerted of this, I called IC Systems to find out what the debt is - they have the date of last activity as June 2008, which is incorrect.  I called the OC to verify that the debt is valid, and it is.  I would have paid it if I knew about it Smiley Sad  I'm willing to pay in full if I can just get this deleted..it sucks to have 4 years of perfection and then this pops up.

I C SYSTEM INC

Potentially Negative Closed

888-735-0516 
Mailing Address: PO BOX 64378   SAINT PAUL, MN 55164

Account NameI C SYSTEM INC  
Account #XXXX  
Account TypeCollection Department / Agency / Attorney  
Balance$235.00  
Date Opened9/1/2011  

Account StatusClosed  
  Mo. Payment   
 Close Account DetailsPast Due$235.00  
  Payment StatusSeriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department  
  High Balance   
  Limit   
  Terms1 Month  
  Comments

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help with IC Systems - PFD?

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

I'd mail a DV to IC Systems. If they verify and you agree with the debt, then offer IC Systems a PFD because they are the ones reporting the debt. If they agree in writing, then pay it and they'll delete.

Ignore the date of last activity (DOLA). The DOLA refers to when the account was last active and anything can reset that date like a payment, a dispute, selling the acct, etc. The date that cannot change is the Date of First Delinquency. This is the date the account first went bad with the OC and you never recovered.

Message 2 of 5
quest208
Frequent Contributor

first of all, its reporting incorrectly.  you didnt open that account on 9/1/2011.

at some point id dispute that with the CRA.  if they verify that, someone is in trouble.

if you do get a PFD, get it in WRITING.  if its not in writing they wont delete

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@quest208 wrote:

first of all, its reporting incorrectly.  you didnt open that account on 9/1/2011.

at some point id dispute that with the CRA.  if they verify that, someone is in trouble.

That part would likely be reporting correctly. "Date opened" by a CA refers to when they took over the account.

Message 4 of 5
aerochick31093
Valued Member

Check your PM

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.