Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Midland

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with Midland

I have two accounts from Midland Credit; One is a tribute visa and another is a Aspire visa. I have asked for verification of the accounts. I never recieve anything from them directly; they just update my credit report as verified on such date.  Shouldnt I recieve something to verifty the account? Like a signature page showing I opened the accounts? Or activity of some sort?  They total 1362 between the accounts; Can I do a PFD Letter? They are due to fall off my report in 1.5 years; would it benifit me to pay them? Or let them fall off?  I paid 1800 off last March and did not see any increase of score what-so-ever. Just updated items that showed paid collection.  Shouldnt it have raised my score even if only a few points?

Thanks so much for your time!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need help with Midland

That's an excellent topic for the Rebuilding Your Credit board. This board generally deals more with what causes your scores to be what they are, how to tweak your scores in strange ways, and the FICO-vs-FAKO questions, etc.

You can click on the "Options" button above on the right and then click on "report inappropriate content" (I think it's called.) There's nothing inappropriate on this thread, of course, but it will open up a text box where you can type a request for a moderator to move  your thread to another board.

You'll get way more help over on RYC for things like Midland credit questions, because the members who are active there are very experienced with these issues.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Need help with Midland

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two accounts from Midland Credit; One is a tribute visa and another is a Aspire visa. I have asked for verification of the accounts. I never recieve anything from them directly; they just update my credit report as verified on such date.  Shouldnt I recieve something to verifty the account? Like a signature page showing I opened the accounts? Or activity of some sort? 

This isn't the first time I've seen this issue with different CA's.  I don't recall the DV procedure & what is legally suppoosed to occur when you send one, as I have never had to send a DV letter.

They total 1362 between the accounts; Can I do a PFD Letter?  YES...a PFD can definitely work to your advantage here.

They are due to fall off my report in 1.5 years; would it benifit me to pay them? Or let them fall off? 

This all depends...can you afford to pay it off now?  Is there something you want to purchase that would benefit from the score boost from these accts being dropped?

I paid 1800 off last March and did not see any increase of score what-so-ever. Just updated items that showed paid collection.  Shouldnt it have raised my score even if only a few points?

What was the $1800 for?  Was it a CA (collection agency)?  Was it paid to the OC? (original creditor)  Simply paying off an old debt doesn't necessarily make everything ok.  OC's can still be posting late payments that hurt, CA's that are still reporting will hurt you just as bad as if you hadn't paid. 

Thanks so much for your time!

Check your PM's.  You will see on any of these pages, in the upper rt hand corner...your little envelope will be yellow when you have new messages!

Mo

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.