cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with National Credit Systems collection.

tag
cmabb23

Need help with National Credit Systems collection.

My debt is from breaking an apartment lease for work, when originally breaking the lease I agreed to pay 690.00 over a twelve month span.  I had been paying them every month and had paid off 400.00 dollars when I pulled my yearly credit report and noticed a collection from National Credit Systems for the full amount of 690.00.  I sent the apartment a letter stating I would not pay another dime until it was removed from my credit but have yet to receive a response, what are my options here? Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
chozen28
Established Member

Re: Need help with National Credit Systems collection.

Their internal records may show that your close to paying off the $690.00

Did you receive a letter from national credit systems detailing the agreement? Or was everything verbal?

Once the entire $690.00 is paid, they should update the information with the credit bureaus; showing a zero balance.

However, they should be reporting immediate payment. I'm hoping that one of the experienced users will tip in on this one.

Message 2 of 11
cmabb23

The agreement was verbal with the original creditor.  It's like they sent me to collections the same month I moved out before they even received my first payment, I made payments from Dec-June without any word from them about being late and only discovered the collection account because I pulled my free credit report. 

Message 3 of 11
madmann26
Valued Contributor

You're probably SOL on this one without anything in writing. If the apartment complex hasn't changed management, you may want to pay them a visit and bring this up to them.

NCR will PFD though, if that helps.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 11
cmabb23

I take it back I just found my lease break agreement and it has the 12 month plan on it, would I need to go back to the original creditor or to the CA?

Message 5 of 11
madmann26
Valued Contributor

You need to talk with the OC and ask why they sent it, reference your pay plan agreement and ask that they pull it back, politely of course. Smiley Happy

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 6 of 11
cmabb23

Just sent out a copy of the original agreement and receipts from the money orders to the oc, hoping for a quick deletion.  

Message 7 of 11
cmabb23

Ended up sending in my receipts and agreement to the collection agency and they have deleted as of today from all three credit reports, thanks everyone I'm 2 for 2 so far.

Message 8 of 11
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Makes sense!

I dont see that you were actually in arrears of any due date.  They advised the debt was due, and arrangements were made to pay.

Thus, the referral of delinquent debt looks to have been improper.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.