Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Progressive Management Systems

tag
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Need help with Progressive Management Systems

I just checked my TU report and see there are two negative marks from Progressive Management systems.  Health care collections. I don't recall either one of these.  One shows a debt of $27 from Feb 2015 and another $0 from September 2015.  Should I call them and ask them to question the debt, possibly pay for delete?  Or should I contact the hospital and ask what this is about?

Thanks

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need help with Progressive Management Systems

I assume that the debt collector never sent a dunning notice.

If so, then any DV request would now be timely, and would invoke a cease collection bar on the debt collector until they first send validation of the debt.

I would send a DV, making sure to include a request for the name of the original creditor.

Perhaps their response will refresh recollection as to an actual debt.

As for the one showing $0, if you never paid a delinquent medical debt, then update to $0 would indicate that the debt collector no longer has active collection authority.

CRA policy is that debt collectors should delete collections if/when their collection authority is terminated, either by way of termination of assignment from the owner or by way of their sale of the debt.  I would send a dispute to the CRA, requesting deletion of that collection on the basis of lack of collection authority.

Message 2 of 3
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Re: Need help with Progressive Management Systems

Thanks for the tip. Going to get started on that today!  I just have those two things to clean up and an issue with Target that I'l probably chime in on later after I take care of this one.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.