Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Score, they vary 100 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with Score, they vary 100 points

Hi, Im new here. Ive been trying to improve my credit score and Im having bad problems with Transunion.  Its like 100 points behind my other scores. Is there anything I can do to help get it up?  Is there a particular Credit Card that will report to Transunion, or has anyone else had luck with anything that will raise my score? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tscrutch
Established Member

Re: Need help with Score, they vary 100 points

I would recommend getting a copy of your credit report from each agency and comparing them.  There might be something on your TU report that doesn't show up on your other two.

Message 2 of 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Ditto what was said.

You can get your free reports if it's been more than a year or you can use Credit Check Total for $1 and see what's different about your TU report compared to the other 2.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I have the TU report and nothing different from the other... ugh

Just not getting alot reported I guess? I thought about opening a CC that would report each month to TU but I dont wont 

to ding my credit if it dont help. 

Message 4 of 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

There HAS to be something different between the 3 for TU to be 100 points lower. 

My Experian and TransUnion are very close and my scores are within 10 points of each other.  My Equifax had 2 additional collection accounts and more student loan late payments and it's about 70 points lower. 

A difference between the 3 isn't surprising; 100 points is a lot. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, something is different. Can you list what is on each report? Date opened/closed, balance/limit, and collections? With no identifying information of course. That's going to be the only way to help you figure it out
Message 6 of 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Details will help. I just looked at my own reports again really quickly.

Not only does EQ have more late pays on my student loans than the other 2, there are 4 in rehab that are updating MONTHLY as late. So instead of it being "old" late payments it's current late payments; causing me to take a larger hit on EQ.

So if you REALLY want to get to the bottom of it, create a chart (no names, account numbers, etc as was said) and give the info on each account.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the Credit Check Total. It will show me my FICO score, but when I click on the 3 bureau reports to order them, it said it couldnt verify my information, so Im calling to see what is going on. There has got to be an error somewhere. 

Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the forums!! Something is definitely different on your reports. Without being able to see them, it's hard to guess what it could be. But you really have to look into the numbers, as well as have some understanding of how the scoring generally works for each category and factors. If not, you may not be able to figure it out.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.