Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Student Loans Negative Account Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with Student Loans Negative Account Removal

Hi Everyone, 

I am 29 years old, a lead engineer working for a big company with income over 200K+.  I managed to paid off two homes cash and paid off all student loans and debts in the past three years, basically debt free as of today.  Things are going very well but one thing always on my mind is my bad credit score, which I am totally ashamed of and I know sooner or later, I will need a good credit score for investment opportunity.

Long story short, I am traveling about 80% of the time for work for the past seven years and I decided not to take any actions with my student loans after graduation in 2007 and it all went defaulted and my credit score took a big hit.  I settled and paid off all the student loans last year and started my credit rebuilding.  My current FICO is 601/605/618 from all 3 major credit bureaus.  

I currently have 3 credit cards, Wells Fargo 2.3K, Capital One Venture 3K, Capital One Quicksilver 6K in good standing with less than 10% utilization paying on time.  My credit jumped over 50+ points in one year.  I would like to achieve 700+ scores and need advices what to do with the negative accounts below on my report.

11 negative accounts with $0 balance and 2 satisfied judgments from student loans.  

NAVIENTS - FIRST DELINQUENCY SEP 09 - REMOVAL DATE SEP 16

NYS EDU - FIRST DELINQUENCY JAN-10 - REMOVAL DATE JAN 17

NATIONAL COLLEGE TRUST- FIRST DELINQUENCY FEB 10- REMOVAL DATE FEB 17

SLS- FIRST DELINQUENCY AUG 11 REMOVAL DATE AUG 18

CITIBANK- FIRST DELINQUENCY AUG 11 REMOVAL DATE AUG 18

SALLIE MAE - FIRST DELINQUENCY AUG 11 REMOVAL DATE AUG 18

JUGMENT- REPORTED SEP 13 - REMOVAL DATE SEPT 20 

JUDGMENT 2- REPORTED MARCH 14 - REMOVAL DATE MARCH 21

Please provide advices or inputs how I can get rid of the negative accounts effectively, or should I waited it out?  Hoping to achieve my 700+ score goal soon with the help from the experts here.

Best Regards,

Kenny

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Duke84
Regular Contributor

Re: Need help with Student Loans Negative Account Removal

I would think with you already having your 3 credit cards and keeping them under control, you are already on your way to building a better profile.

IMO, it might be best to wait out the student loans, since the removal dates are within 2-3 years. If you've paid them all off, you could try a goodwill letter to have them removed from your credit early. Keep in mind that creditors do not have to remove the information early.

Not sure about the judgments though. If you paid those off, you may try to have them removed by the courts. In some states, paying the judgment leads to it being removed, but from my understanding, courts don't remove them.
Starting Score: EQ: 537, TU: 488, EX: 558 (8/2014)
Current F8 Score: EQ: 733, TU: 734, EX: 709 (4/2023)

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 2 of 3
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help with Student Loans Negative Account Removal

Navient/Sallie Mae and such arent known for goodwilling lates etc.. I wish you the best of luck.. You might be able to get some of them removed, but all those will be a tough task if even possible..

I will follow this as well as I have 7 lates on Navient that I would love to be off, but are all over 4 years old, but still 120 lates.  They will die off soon enough, but would love from them to be gone yesterday

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.