Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with TU. Lien or Judgment ?

tag
Lou_Rod87
Established Member

Need help with TU. Lien or Judgment ?

I have a paid NYS judgment from 2011 on my report. Equifax & Experian both have them as judgments. I was able to have Equifax remove it early through CFPB. My equifax score went up 57 points to 778 when the judgment was removed. The law in NYS state allows a judgment to stay on your report for 5 years. TU is treating it like a lien and they have it staying on my report until 2019. 

I spoke to the NYS taxation and finance department and I was told liens only go on property. What they did was issue a warrant for the amount owed. Warrants and judgments are the same. I have a letter from the NYS saying satisfaction of JUDGMENT. EX has it as a satisfied judgment, same for EQ before they removed it.

I've called TU and made a dispute on 3/7. They didnt investigate it because they felt the reason I gave them wasn't worth their time. It's like talking to a wall when I call them. Do they have their own rules when it comes to what they consider a lien or judgment ?

Can someone share some advice if they've dealt with this situation before.

EXP: 683 TU: 716 EQ: 716
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need help with TU. Lien or Judgment ?

If they dismissed your dispute without reinvestigation, they were required to identify what specifically was lacking as a disputable item.

"Not worth their time" is not a statutory basis for dismissing a dispute as frivlolous or irrelevant.

What exactly did their dismissal letter state?

Message 2 of 3
Lou_Rod87
Established Member

Re: Need help with TU. Lien or Judgment ?

I finally got through to someone who spoke decent english. All she could tell me is they have what the county clerk gave them. What a headacheeeee

EXP: 683 TU: 716 EQ: 716
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.