Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a GW letter.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with a GW letter.

I have a collection that I have recently paid off from AFNI for an old cell phone bill. The collection is schedulded to come off in a year and a half so I hoping they will work with me. My problem is I cant find any GW letter examples that really go with this situation, can someone help me out or point me in the right direction. I also have one more question, I recently paid off a collection on an aparptment that I used to have. Next I went down to the OC and gave them my hard luck story and tried to have them get the CA to remove the derogatory info and the refused. Do I have any other options or do I need to wait for the SOL to run out. Thanks

Message Edited by Maro99 on 09-17-2008 12:30 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help with a GW letter.

Dear Friends at AFNI (exaggeration mine)

Last year (or whenever) I had a debt sent by OC to your company. I had gone through a finacially stressful period during that time but I was able to recover and pay you in full the debt owed. I appreciate your patience and thank you the chance to get this paid off.

I recently had a chance to order my credit report and noticed that AFNI updated my account to read as a paid collection. I am writing today to ask for a favor in deleting this record off my credit reports.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Repectfully yours, xxx

Edit to add....that is what I would say anyway.

Message Edited by llecs on 09-17-2008 04:50 PM
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help with a GW letter.

Maro99 wrote:
 I recently paid off a collection on an aparptment that I used to have. Next I went down to the OC and gave them my hard luck story and tried to have them get the CA to remove the derogatory info and the refused. Do I have any other options or do I need to wait for the SOL to run out. Thanks

Message Edited by Maro99 on 09-17-2008 12:30 PM

All you can do is wait or GW the CA. Bug them until they say "yes". Of course, never call them.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.