Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a PFD for Portfolio Recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with a PFD for Portfolio Recovery

Letters are going unanswered and if I can get them removed my scores will go up 21 pts per dispute with CRA.  I did a PFD and a DV and no answer to either letter.  They are from four to six years ago but when I got to gain pre-approval this summer I want all baddies to be gone as much as possible.  Anyone have any contact info with folks they've dealt directly with?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help with a PFD for Portfolio Recovery

I have actually gotten them to validate for an account that my mother has with them, i can tell you they will probably not PFD, they are real STICKLERS!

Continue to DV, you can report them to AG, FTC BBB, if you feel they are not complying with the FDCPA!

Good Luck, im sure someone with more knowledge will respond!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

MURPHYSLAW wrote:
Letters are going unanswered and if I can get them removed my scores will go up 21 pts per dispute with CRA.  I did a PFD and a DV and no answer to either letter.  They are from four to six years ago but when I got to gain pre-approval this summer I want all baddies to be gone as much as possible.  Anyone have any contact info with folks they've dealt directly with?

Could you explain this? Did you dispute? Are they listed under collections or regular accounts?

When did you DV? When did you first find out about this debt?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed them with all three CRA last month and had score watch alert on Monday with Equifax that my score had jumped 21 pts only change was the dispute of these two accounts.  They are listed under collection accounts.  Found out or I should say was reminded of these accounts while repairing my past mistakes.  I sent a DV back in Jan and a PFD in early March would it be better to try to work something out with the OC?  One of the accounts I believe has been re-aged since it was from an account I had in 99/2000 not 2003 as they claim. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.