Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a dispute

tag
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Need help with a dispute

So I have an acccount that I included in a BK and its about time for the accounts to start falling off. So after looking at my credit report it shows the account will fall off in August. So here is my question. The account went 30 past due in April and May but then PD current in June and then 30+ in July. So when I called the CB they said it was showing from the creditor it will come off in August. Shouldn't it come off in April? Should I call and dispute? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need help with a dispute

If you were late and brought the account current then became late again, that restarts the DoFD.  If you became late again in August that would be your new DoFD.

Was the account already charged off or was it ever?

Message 2 of 6
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

The account was included in my BK. So just to clarify the DOFD would be my first late payment and I should be able to have it removed from the first default? Thanks

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As long as the account was not brought to a current status, yes, the first default that led to the CO or collection.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

First, OC accounts are not deleted or excluded based on expiration of a CR exclusion period.

The exclusion applies only to the individual adverse items of information, which in the case of the OP are monthly delinquencies.

Second, the DOFD on the account is totally immaterial to the posted scenario.

DOFD would be relevant only to the exclusion of a charge-off on the OC account or the reporting of a collection, of which neither has apparently been reported.

Thus, the OC was not required to have even reported the DOFD on the account.

The last delinquency was in July.  The 7 year period would thus expire in July, requiring the begin of exclusion of that delinquency in August.

Thus, as of August, the account would continue to report, but absent the monthly delinquencies.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

First, OC accounts are not deleted or excluded based on expiration of a CR exclusion period.

The exclusion applies only to the individual adverse items of information, which in the case of the OP are monthly delinquencies.

Second, the DOFD on the account is totally immaterial to the posted scenario.

DOFD would be relevant only to the exclusion of a charge-off on the OC account or the reporting of a collection, of which neither has apparently been reported.

Thus, the OC was not required to have even reported the DOFD on the account.

The last delinquency was in July.  The 7 year period would thus expire in July, requiring the begin of exclusion of that delinquency in August.

Thus, as of August, the account would continue to report, but absent the monthly delinquencies.

OP never said it was or wasn't so it is hard to say one way or the other.

If the report has a fall of date that leads me to believe there is a DoFD.  Otherwise there would be no fall of date.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.