Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a few negative items

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with a few negative items

Hey there guys, I've been lurking here for a few months--was trying to get a used car, and needed to see where I stood.  At any rate, I've been looking over my credit reports, trying to see what I can do to start rebuilding my credit.  I've been trying to get all my answers from just reading the other posts here, but there are a few things I'm still not clear on.

I think the biggest things adversely affecting my score are some collections accounts and a judgment record.  I apologize if my requests seem too akin to handholding, but the ones I’m not certain on how to approach are below:

PROFESSIONAL FINANCE C

Original Creditor: ATMOS ENERGY FD

Responsibility:   Individual

Condition: Derogatory

Original Balance: $36

Balance: $36

Date Opened: 11/2005

Date Reported: 02/2006

I found this gem, and was quite surprised (it wasn't on the TU reports that I've been getting).  Nearest I can figure is, I got a bill for $36 bucks after I moved apartments when I lived in TX.  I may have screwed the pooch, but I gave Atmos a call, and the lady I spoke with said that the CA was the owner of the debt now, but that I could pay her and they would report it paid to the CA.  I have no issue paying $36 to get this removed from my CR, and I think I should start with a PFD, but I don't know if I should be sending it to the OC, or CA.

ESCALLATE LLC

Original Creditor: EMP OF GASTON COUNTY PLLC.              

Responsibility: Individual

Condition: Derogatory

Original Balance: $637

Balance: $637

Date Opened: 09/2009

Date Reported: 11/2009

This can only be a medical bill for an emergency room visit I made, that I never received a bill for.  Not something I can afford to PIF yet, so I assume I should wait to contact them either after the SOL, or only when I’m ready to PIF?

LEGAL ITEM                       

Type: Judgment

Date Filed: 02/2005

How Filed: Unknown

Closing Date: [not listed]

Court: City & County Government

Plaintiff: 1ST COMMUNITY FCU

Action Amount: $1709

This is the judgment record on my report.  I took out a loan to consolidate some of my debt, but started missing payments after my savings diminished while I was unemployed after separating from the military.  I know for a fact that I didn’t miss any payments while I was still employed; therefore, the date on this judgment doesn’t make sense to me because on the date it was filed, I was on deployment in Kuwait.  Can I somehow dispute this under violation of the SCRA?  Or am I pretty much stuck in the same barrel as everyone else with a judgment, having to wait for it to fall off my report?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need help with a few negative items

PROFESSIONAL FINANCE C

Original Creditor: ATMOS ENERGY FD

Balance: $36

Date Opened: 11/2005

Date Reported: 02/2006

The reporting to your CR was done by the CA.  Only the CA can report its deletion, and not the OC.  PFD should be sent to the CA.

Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Need help with a few negative items

I agree with RobertEG, send the PFD letter to the CA.

As for the judgment....Were you served a summons to court, before going to Kuwait?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.