Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a letter i got in the mail

tag
WhiteJD41
New Contributor

Need help with a letter i got in the mail

I am in need of help with this letter should i contact this office and try and work out the payment arragiments and get them to send the terms in writing ?? or what should i do ? Thanks for your time with helping me out with this.

Scan.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Re: Need help with a letter i got in the mail

Is this debt valid?  If you know the debt is yours and valid send them a pfd letter via certified mail.

Message 2 of 7
WhiteJD41
New Contributor

yes the debt is valid i couldnt pay it in full i could do payments every two weeks though so what do i need to do ?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this debt showing on your credit reports? If it is do a PFD. If not, set up payment arrangements so that it doesn't go on.

Message 4 of 7
WhiteJD41
New Contributor

It is showing up in my credit report i was just needing to know how to proceed with it. i wonder if they would agree to set up payment arragiments ? cause i can not afford to shell out that much at one time.

Message 5 of 7
eric19k
Established Contributor

You can. They will have to get you checking account #.
If you do not feel comfortable by giving your checking account # then you can get prepaid debit card and it comes with routing and account #.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 6 of 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@WhiteJD41 wrote:

It is showing up in my credit report i was just needing to know how to proceed with it. i wonder if they would agree to set up payment arragiments ? cause i can not afford to shell out that much at one time.

I'm on a payment plan with one of my bigger collections and it comes out faithfully. Only thing I don't like is the fact that they update very time it goes down which makes it seems like a new collection when it evidently isn't. That is is the only down fall. Some might say they won't do a payment arrangement but let them know that's the ONLY way they'll get their money and their tune will change!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.