Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a pay for delete letter

tag
Kissyfur30
Valued Member

Need help with a pay for delete letter

I have sent out pay for delete letters but with no luck, been rejected on all.  Could someone help me out and give me an example of a letter they have used with success.  I do know the debt is valid and is mine, I am just trying to get them to delete them if I pay them in full.  Thanks!

Starting Score: 557
Current Score: 557
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with a pay for delete letter

Sorry, I can't help with your question, but I'm getting ready to draft a PFD letter myself.  I'm wondering what the reasons were for denial of your request.  Why in the world would a CA not want to get their $$? It doesn't hurt them to delete the item off your reports.
Message 2 of 11
Kissyfur30
Valued Member

I don't understand either, I figured it would work so that they could get their money.  I figured my PFD letter was not good enough : )  I think I will try again in a month or two, hopefully someone will post a letter that worked for them. 

Starting Score: 557
Current Score: 557
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Can you post what you are writing? 

Also, you may need to up your offer to them... or not and just keep sending every month or so till they realize you mean what you are saying.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Kissyfur30 wrote:
I have sent out pay for delete letters but with no luck, been rejected on all.  Could someone help me out and give me an example of a letter they have used with success.  I do know the debt is valid and is mine, I am just trying to get them to delete them if I pay them in full.  Thanks!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2659
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not always the PFD letter. Alot has to do with your SOL. If you are past SOL  they can't sue you. If you owe a large amount and are still within SOL...they can sue and get full payment &  you have to pay all court  & attorney's cost.

Some are too dumb to figure that they will not get paid without a PFD.

IF within SOL  it is better to PFD  full amount owed (they must accept all PFD)

IF past SOL...offer PFD @ 40%  to start.

YES  you can post you letter in here!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-01-2007 08:53 PM
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

received a settlement amount letter from a CA for an account that is past SOL.
how about offering a PFD for the settlement amount that they offered?
Message 7 of 11
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

I just settled with RJM for 50% and I was still within SOL.

The funny thing is when I called RJM they told me that NCO had the account and that I needed to call them. NCO is not listed on my cr just RJM. I asked RJM would NCO accept a settlement and would they delete and provide me a letter stating such. RJM said yes, NCO would not have a problem doing that.

I called NCO 3 different times and spoke with 3 different people. They were all rude and said that they would NOT delete. I called RJM back and told them that NCO was very rude and would they take the debt back from NCO. The CSR told me sure and within seconds she said ok, I can take your payment now. Smileycons!

I made the payment over the phone late one evening (not with a debit card) and the next morning they faxed a letter to me saying they would delete.

Now I'm waiting for them to fall off EX and TU. I'm so impatient........
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kissyfur30....who are your collections with???...
Message 9 of 11
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

By the way thanks "sly" for the advice about RJM. It worked and that is dh's last ca on any of his reports. Smileycons!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.