Did you mean: 

Need help with a plan for GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with a plan for GW

I need help organizing a Good Will campaign:

• What should my letters contain?
  • Who exactly should they be sent to? Email, snail or both?
  • How do I find what email to send them to? Or, what address they should go to?
  • How often should I send them? Every two weeks?
  • Any other suggestions?
  • How likely are they do be removed?

Here is the list:  Name/delete date per CR

1. AmeEx  12/16
  2. Barclays   2/16
  3. Captial One 12/16
  4. Chase Bank  12/16
  5. ESL FCU  12/17
  6. Midland Funding x3 12/16 - 12/2
  7. OneMain Financial   12/16
  8. Portfolio Recovery x2   2/17 - 2/17
  9. SCA/Store CC  3/17
  10. Synchrony x2 2/17 - 5/17
  11. If I have a Mortgage that is outside the 6 year SOL delete date 2/17. Well, first are Mortgages the same as CC debt? Foreclosure in 2011. Shows zero balance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with a plan for GW

If it were me I would work on the ones that were going to be on your reports longest.  One of the bureaus will consider EE (early exclusions) starting at 6 months from the delete date and since you are closing in on that I would go that route with those.  I believe another of the bureaus is 3 months and the final one would do one month early.  I can never remember which is which so hopefully someone else would chime in and provide that info. As for the possibility of deletion and finding contact info the search feature is a great tool to use so you can check out others experiences with the same company.  Google will also provide the  corporate address in most cases or you can use the address on your credit reports.  Sometimes you can even find corporate email address on the Internet.  I don't know anything about mortgages so hopefully someone with more knowledge on that score can help.  There are also templates of Goodwill letters in the helpful rebuilding thread.  Just be sure to use that as a template and tailor it to your situation since you don't want it to sound like a form letter.  As for how often you should send them I would say every 30 days.  If you can find an email address you might want to also consider sending one via snail mail as well just to cover your bases. 

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I always send them thru the mail to the office of the CEO.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

gdale - 

Thanks!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.