cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with paying debt

tag
miller88

Need help with paying debt

I have a judgement from a charge off for capital one and i get letters from an attorney's office to call and pay. I dont know who to settle this with, but it shows capital one on my credit report and not the attorneys office. Should i try for a pfd with the charge off with capital one? Im clueless how this works and any information would be very helpful! Im trying my hardest to clean up my credit and get this behind me while im still young. Thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need help with paying debt

You can contact either.  The attorney is the legal rep of the judgment creditor, so is authorized to act on their behalf.

Having secured a judgment, they can choose to rely upon the court to enforce the judgment with no need to make any concessions in payment, such as CR deletion.

That is not to say that you cant or shouldnt offer a PFD, but they can just ignore you, and go back to the court for an order of execution of the judgement, asking for attachment of property or wages, etc.  The ball is kinda in their court.

Message 2 of 5
miller88

Thanks for the reply. I'm just going to pay it in full so I can move on.
Message 3 of 5
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

If the firm is Thomas and Thomas I had them too.  I did a pay for delete without knowing what I was doing.  T & T didn't report but Cap One did.  Have you talked to Cap One about a PFD?

Message 4 of 5
miller88

No I haven't done anything yet. I would like to atleast try a pfd letter or anything that can help my credit. I'm not sure who the attorney is, ill have to check when I get off work. Did you have any success with your pfd?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.