Did you mean: 

Need help with rebuilding my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with rebuilding my credit

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so in my situation I should send a PFD to the OC for 5 of "charged off" accounts because they have yet to send those accounts to collections. And for the 2 accounts that have been sent to collections, I should send the PFD to either the OC or the collection agency prefferably the collection agency. I am not sure if both the collection agency AND OC are reporting on my credit report, but I'll tell you what I see on my report... where it says the account name it says the name of the collection agency and then a little bit lower than that it says the name of the OC. My ultimate goal is to pay off the debt and have them all removed from my credit report, I know it sounds like a long shot but it's worth a try. I can't even get approved for a secured card at the moment, and I'm hoping that by removing some or all of these negatives from my credit report allow me the oppurtunity to get a secured card.

I am sorry if some of my questions are redundant, I'm very new to this and very ignorant to this stuff right now.

For the accounts that the OC has sent to a CA but not sold you can contact the OC and ask if they would pull the collection back from the CA and do a PFD this way both listings would be removed.

How can I find out if the OC has sold the account to a CA? On my credit report I only have 2 accounts that show a CA reporting, but everything else shows the name of the OC and status as "Charged Off"

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so in my situation I should send a PFD to the OC for 5 of "charged off" accounts because they have yet to send those accounts to collections. And for the 2 accounts that have been sent to collections, I should send the PFD to either the OC or the collection agency prefferably the collection agency. I am not sure if both the collection agency AND OC are reporting on my credit report, but I'll tell you what I see on my report... where it says the account name it says the name of the collection agency and then a little bit lower than that it says the name of the OC. My ultimate goal is to pay off the debt and have them all removed from my credit report, I know it sounds like a long shot but it's worth a try. I can't even get approved for a secured card at the moment, and I'm hoping that by removing some or all of these negatives from my credit report allow me the oppurtunity to get a secured card.

I am sorry if some of my questions are redundant, I'm very new to this and very ignorant to this stuff right now.

For the accounts that the OC has sent to a CA but not sold you can contact the OC and ask if they would pull the collection back from the CA and do a PFD this way both listings would be removed.

How can I find out if the OC has sold the account to a CA? On my credit report I only have 2 accounts that show a CA reporting, but everything else shows the name of the OC and status as "Charged Off"

You can call the OC and ask them if they still own the debt.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can call the OC and ask them if they still own the debt.

I've contacted the OCs and 2 of them say that it's now with a CA. One of the accounts was with CapitalOne and the other is with First Premier Bank, but they are both showing on my credit report that I still have a balance with them and the CA has not reported anything as of yet.

I already paid off one of my larger accounts of $1697 with Capital One and a Kohls account of $511, neither one of them agreed to remove it from my credit report but Kohl's did agree to report "Paid and Closed". I am ready to pay off my other accounts but I don't want to go about it the wrong way.

Considering the fact the CAs haven't reported anything as of yet, I would like to call them and have them agree to not report it to the CBA as long as I pay a one time payment in full. If they do agree I would of course make sure to get it in writing. And if that is succesful, should I dispute the accounts with First Premier and Capital One for incorrect reporting? Because they should be reporting a $0 balance to them since it was moved to a CA.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.