Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with removing Verizon!! Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with removing Verizon!! Please help

Hello everyone, I am new here and just want to say thanks in advance.

I had a Verizon Wireless account back in 2007. I was only working a minimum wage job so I didn't have alot of money coming in. I got behind on payments and it turned bad. I finished school and landed a good job and I finally got the bill paid off in November 2009.

I am in the process of trying to buy a home and this is really hurting my score.

Is there anything that I can do to get it removed?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help with removing Verizon!! Please help

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone, I am new here and just want to say thanks in advance.

I had a Verizon Wireless account back in 2007. I was only working a minimum wage job so I didn't have alot of money coming in. I got behind on payments and it turned bad. I finished school and landed a good job and I finally got the bill paid off in November 2009.

I am in the process of trying to buy a home and this is really hurting my score.

Is there anything that I can do to get it removed?

Thank you!

Welcome to the forums.

Since this is paid your only option is to begin writing GW (Good Will) letters asking nicely that this be removed from your credit file. They are under no legal obligation to do so but you can't get what you don't ask for. There are examples of GW letters here if you do a search.

Good luck to you.

From a BK years ago to:
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heather from Verizon Executive Relations contacted me. She said that she doesn't know if they can just remove it like that, she said that would be illegal. They are requried to report accurately. But she is looking into it and calling me back tomorrow. Anyone have any additional advice that I can use to get her to remove it for me.

Thanks

Message 3 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Heather from Verizon Executive Relations contacted me. She said that she doesn't know if they can just remove it like that, she said that would be illegal. They are requried to report accurately. But she is looking into it and calling me back tomorrow. Anyone have any additional advice that I can use to get her to remove it for me.

Thanks

That's very true but they don't have to report anything if they choose not to whether it is positive or negative. Whatever they do report however must be accurate. My CU doesn't report my car loan to TU but does to EQ and EX. That is a difference which many CSR's fail to understand.

Message 4 of 12
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

Same deal here a lady named Loretta from Exec relations was helping my mom ultimately she said no they can not remove...although ive gotten another email with a number to call so we'll see how that goes!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schoolbus, can you PM me the phone number?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Heather from Verizon Executive Relations said she couldn't remove it for me. So now I am back at square one. Any advice?

Message 7 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well Heather from Verizon Executive Relations said she couldn't remove it for me. So now I am back at square one. Any advice?

Just keep writing them. Try different people in different departments. All it will cost you is postage (although that is not exactly cheap anymore). Even though I've never written a GW myself I have read enough posts to know that sometimes a letter will finally find the right person.

Good luck to you.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any addresses where they sent GW letters for Verizon?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone have any addresses where they sent GW letters for Verizon?

Thanks!

When I sent the zillions of PFDs, I used these addresses:

Verizon Wireless, 3400 Forest Drive, Suite 2100, Columbia, SC 29204
Verizon Wireless, 3601 Converse Drive, Wilmington, NC 28403
Verizon Wireless, 295 North Maple Avenue, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Verizon Wireless, P.O. Box 17120, Tucson, AZ 85731-7120
Verizon Wireless, P.O. Box 4009, Silver Spring, MD 20914-4009
Verizon Wireless, P.O. Box 1850, Folsom, CA 95763
Verizon Wireless – Mid Atlantic, P.O. Box 761, ATTN Customer Financial Service, Bedminster, NJ 07921-0761
Verizon Wireless, Attention: National Recovery, Department MS-400, P.O. Box 1850, Folsom, California 95630
Verizon Wireless, PO Box 17464, Baltimore, Maryland 21297-1464

That was nearly 2 yrs ago and I don't know what's good or not. Always worth the shot. The above came from my CR and/or directly from VZW themself.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.