Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need help

+1

I was able to have Asset Acceptance deleted due to the 'factoring company plus monthly derogs' Shogun mentioned.
Message 11 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It isn't even inaccurate reporting because they are allowed to report as a factoring company.  A factoring company is the same as a debt buyer in the Credit Bureau Resource guide.

Message 12 of 18
tesha873
Established Member

Ok I have one last question. How bad is this effecting my credit score since it is due to fall off next year? I am having a hard time find the OC, they are giving me the run around.

Message 13 of 18
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@tesha873 wrote:

Ok I have one last question. How bad is this effecting my credit score since it is due to fall off next year? I am having a hard time find the OC, they are giving me the run around.

MS and Wisconsin are the only 2 states that unpaid debt is allowed to expire after the SOL is up.....I'm telling my wife we're moving south!!! 

Message 14 of 18
tesha873
Established Member

I reside in Mississippi.

Message 15 of 18
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I'm an idiot I was helping another poster similar to your question Smiley Embarassed If you're not in need of new credit or house shopping I would let it fall off next yr. If your conscience says to pay it and not let it follow you for the rest of your life I would just pay it and let it fall off next yr. 

Message 16 of 18
tesha873
Established Member

You are not an idiot. LOL You have been very helpfulSmiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.