cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help!

tag

Need help!

Good morning all,

I need a little advise, I'm in need of a small loan. I have a horrible credit, I believe the last time i checked it was 470. We all have history and mine has reflect with a low 400. I've been in the process of rebuilding. But that 's a journey in itself, but I'm willing to do so. I never had ppl like this in my life to guide with credit and finance issues. So I'm reaching out and trying something different. Maybe someone can lead down the right path, so I can comeback and but a success story on here.

I just joined a credit union thru my job and wanted to see if I needed a loan. Do you think it would be wise to apply for one with them? Even tho, I'm new and my credit is bad. I only need one chance and I'm trying hard to redeem myself in the credit world. Im wanting to rebuild some good credit history and I'm trying to take the apprioriate steps.

On my credit report:

2 chargeoff- that i'm disputing

1 repossession- I'm in the process of paying off

1 medical- im disputing that as well

1 at&t- that Im going to settle and see if they will remove

1 Santender- i'm current on payments and being doing on ok with

1 Springleaf installment loan- paid off

So If anyone could lead me, I would really appreciate it. I'm just wanting to see my best option so I can get some money to clear me until I get myself situated. I dont need nothing but 2500. Which I hear is not a lot, but I'm not sure. So here I am asking you guys and ladies to help a fellow friend.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help!

@JonesGrowingUP wrote:

Good morning all,

I need a little advise, I'm in need of a small loan. I have a horrible credit, I believe the last time i checked it was 470. We all have history and mine has reflect with a low 400. I've been in the process of rebuilding. But that 's a journey in itself, but I'm willing to do so. I never had ppl like this in my life to guide with credit and finance issues. So I'm reaching out and trying something different. Maybe someone can lead down the right path, so I can comeback and but a success story on here.

I just joined a credit union thru my job and wanted to see if I needed a loan. Do you think it would be wise to apply for one with them? Even tho, I'm new and my credit is bad. I only need one chance and I'm trying hard to redeem myself in the credit world. Im wanting to rebuild some good credit history and I'm trying to take the apprioriate steps.

On my credit report:

2 chargeoff- that i'm disputing

1 repossession- I'm in the process of paying off

1 medical- im disputing that as well

1 at&t- that Im going to settle and see if they will remove

1 Santender- i'm current on payments and being doing on ok with

1 Springleaf installment loan- paid off

So If anyone could lead me, I would really appreciate it. I'm just wanting to see my best option so I can get some money to clear me until I get myself situated. I dont need nothing but 2500. Which I hear is not a lot, but I'm not sure. So here I am asking you guys and ladies to help a fellow friend.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

In all honesty with a score of 470 not even a CU will touch you. How old are the negative items on your CRs? You are going to have to do some cleaning before you can get that loan.

Message 2 of 11
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know of anything right now.  You would have to clean your CR up in order to get anything.  Sorry.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 11

Let me go deeper into my situation: I'm glad you told me, b/c I was surely going to try and apply for a loan too.

My oldest is a premier cc- 09 balance 250

Capital cc- 11 balance 800

Those are my oldest. I'm trying to clean and straighen up now. Just needed some advise on which way to turn. I sent a little disputing my credit, just trying to get them to validate what is owed. So I can call and sette whatever is needed. B/c I dont mind paying back what I owe. So now I'm having to send equifax information about me, so I can get to the root of my cleaning.

Thanks for responding too.

Message 4 of 11

Cool! I understand. What would you advise? B/c I'm really not in bad shape at all. Im just wanting to do a lot and didn't think credit would be so hard to come by. I'm doing what I know so far and willing to do whatever else is needed. Just guide me.

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, since you have already started a round of disputes I advise you do nothing with the ones your disputing until the dust settles from the investigations and see what is left to take care of. For medical collections you want to attempt the HIPAA process you can Google it and contact its creator for help we cant discuss it on these forums. It looks like you did not dispute the ATT so if they have a CA reporting you would want to call ATT ask them to recall the CA and if they agree then PIF. If its only ATT reporting and the debt is valid you can write them a PFD. I advise all communications concerning PFDs be done by US Mail and not the phone, this protects your rights. If there are any previous lates on the Santander Auto or the closed Springleaf send out a round of GW letters to them asking for forgiveness. You really need to add revolving credit lines thats what drives your FICO score, 30% of it is devoted to utilization rates of revolvers alone, the other big category is payment history at 35%. If you have the funds I advise you grab a few secured cards immediately, check out Stats Dept FCU, its my understanding its a SP to join the CU and if you put the funds in your savings account to fund your secured card and then CALL them to open it its also a SP. You might also check with your local CU about getting an immediate secured CC as well. You eventually are going to need 3 revolving bankcards and a few store cards to help maximize your FICOs. The quicker you can get the secured cards open and reporting the better your score is going to get. When you get the results of the disputes come on back in this thread and report what the result is and we will take it from there. Good luck in your journey Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11

I got you and I will definitely do that. As well as post may results. Thanks again for the advise and I'll keep you posted. Enjoy your weekend.

Message 7 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

With a score at 470, don't waste an inquiry.  I don't think a loan will happen at this point.  (co-signer possibly)?

Try to get that medical collection deleted, that could make a difference.  Get your current cards down to 9% (one card). 

That reposession is a difficult one.  I imagine that Santander is costing you an arm and a leg in interest.  Keep those payments CURRENT and ONTIME.  I would work on getting that refinanced in the future.

Message 8 of 11

I got you! Will do! Believe or not the Santender loan wasn't as bad as you would expect. 12.9%, but yes it's costing me. Refinance was in the back of my head, but I also knew I had other things that I need to tend to. Which I am! Thank you all and I will make sure to take advantage of this advise and get myself in good standing.

Message 9 of 11
peaches111
Valued Member

You can apply for secured card with open sky through captial bank. You can start with 200 deposit with a 29 annual. You want to keep your utilization at 30 % each month. One thing about this card they don't check your credit when you apply, but they do report to all 3 credit bureaus each month. Which will help increase your score. I hope this help.

Starting Score: 577
Current Score: 577
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.