Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help...

I defaulted on my student loans (2 accounts) in 2008. I brought the account current, but they accounts were transferred to a new bank. The other accounts removed the default on my credit report. The problem is that the two accounts from Citibank won't remove them from my credit report. I have disputed them numerous times, but to no avail. How do I contact Citibank and ask them to remove the negative (or the accounts altogether) from my credit report?

The other issue is a collection that was placed on my credit report in April 2009. I had no clue who or what the collection was and they said it was from a bill from summer of 2008. Is that the beginning of when the collection begins or is it when they actually report it to the credit bureau?

EQ: 648 (no collections)

TR: 648 (1 collection-to be removed)

EX: 666 (1 collection)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need help...

@Anonymous wrote:

I defaulted on my student loans (2 accounts) in 2008. I brought the account current, but they accounts were transferred to a new bank. The other accounts removed the default on my credit report. The problem is that the two accounts from Citibank won't remove them from my credit report. I have disputed them numerous times, but to no avail. How do I contact Citibank and ask them to remove the negative (or the accounts altogether) from my credit report? If these are approaching CRTP and they look to be so with a default date in 08, the DoFD is the date that all is calculated from then I would just ask the CRAs for early exclusion.

The other issue is a collection that was placed on my credit report in April 2009. I had no clue who or what the collection was and they said it was from a bill from summer of 2008. Is that the beginning of when the collection begins or is it when they actually report it to the credit bureau? April 09 is the date the CA received it for collection the DoFD that sets the CRTP is sometime in 08.

EQ: 648 (no collections)

TR: 648 (1 collection-to be removed)

EX: 666 (1 collection)

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly do I say to the CRA regarding the collection and student loan?

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What exactly do I say to the CRA regarding the collection and student loan?

Your Info

CRA

Address

Dear Customer Service,

The following accounts (XXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXX) are nearing their maximum reporting time and I ask that they be removed early. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

XX

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.