Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need nelnet help pls

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Need nelnet help pls

I sent a letter and then got a call from a lady claiming she was on exec. I had my school submit on letterhead that I was enrolled 6 hours and just because It didn't say half time, she said there was nothing she could do. I said you can just check the website and it states there what represents half time and even has the name of the individual who wrote the letter below, she didn't care.

I need to email someone in power and show them what I sent. This 90 day late is ruining my credit and even the proof I had my school sent on letterhead isn't good enough for them to change this incorrect reporting.

I need email addresses and/or phone numbers of execs to get this resolved, pls help.
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: Need nelnet help pls

Have you tried asking your advisor at school if he/she could provide you with an enrollment verification that specifically states your enrollment status as being half-time?  I feel like that would be easier.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 6
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I have and he said he sent it Thursday but haven't rec'd it, I'm just afraid they'll push back again. Seems like nelnet will go to any lengths then to admit an error.

If any one has an execs email, it'd be greatly appreciated.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)

Message 3 of 6
dlee
Established Member

In school deferments are processed based on status in school, not the number of credit hours. Your registrars office must certify your status in order for the deferment to be processed. Keep in mind, once the deferment is processed , it's backdated to the first day of classes if you qualify in which case your credit would be adjusted.

Message 4 of 6
Poetassium

As a previous employee for another large student loan company you need to have your school to push an update to the national clearing house, then you can have nelnet instantly receive that update. The reason as to why they did not accept the letter is there is a specific form for in school derferment. The only time this does not apply would be some in accredited schools, or for profits. So 1ask YouTube school you currently go to uploads data to clearing house. 2. You can fill ouin deferment online! Let them know that any unwillingness to settle this debt on their parties a violation of fdca.

http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/

http://www.ecmc.org/idc/groups/ucm_ecmc/@ecmc_web/documents/native/idc_017177.pdf

Message 5 of 6
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Sent in new letter, they removed lates from all the open accounts, 5. Oddly they left the lates on all the closed accounts. I will be contacting them again to get those removed as well as they were all on the same month (July 2011).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.