cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some Advice for Disputing Debt......

tag
GoldenBoy1
Established Member

Need some Advice for Disputing Debt......

When disputing a Charge Off or Collection on my account should I just send the dispute letter to the CRA or should I also send a letter to OC / CA also?  

Also, how often should I dispute?  I have heard that if you over do it you can get your CRA account flagged?  

Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need some Advice for Disputing Debt......

If you dispute the same TL too many times, the CRA can say it is frivilous.

Why are you disputing?

Message 2 of 5
GoldenBoy1
Established Member

Okay, so I had an account with First Premier Bank.  I got the card and after looking over the fees, I said forget it.  I mailed them the card back and told them I DID NOT WISH TO BE A CUSTOMER.  Then after 2 months i'm getting calls saying I owe these guys like 500 dollars.  I NEVER USED THE CARD 1 SINGLE TIME

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Was there up front fees associated with the card?  If there was, they were charged to the card before they ever mailed it to you.

Message 4 of 5
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

ive seen schumer boxes state the account isnt officially accepted until the card is activated by the consumer. maybe take that tact with them if you never activated the card when it came in the mail?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.