cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice.....I dont know what more i can do...

tag
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Need some advice.....I dont know what more i can do...

I had worked so hard at getting my dh score to mortgage ready and in less than a year we went from 612 to 739 (thank u myfico). Then in Sept my dh got a call from a CA for a recent medical bill in 2012. He got angry with Representative cuz he was being an jerk with him so he hung up in his face. We then get a letter I pay the bill online and the next thing i know i get an alert from myfico in Nov that my score had changed. I logged on and it had dropped 98 points cuz they reported on our CR as a paid collection. I was furious. i called them and raised hell cuz i felt like they shouldn't have reported if we payed it. So they tell me that the onlly way they will delete it is if the OC says they can. I went to the OC and they say no problem. Called them right while we were in the office. Told me give it 30 days. Now this was in Feb. March came still on the report. Go back to the OC office again and they call them again and tell them they can remove from all timelines now that the debt is paid in full. Even transferred to supervisor so they can speak with them. Again i was told 30 days. This was April! I don't know what more i can do? This is the only  neg on his CR and its hurting us tremendously. right now he is at 602. we wanna get a house b4 the new school year begins. Any advice from the guru's out there?!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need some advice.....I dont know what more i can do...

TL;DR: Dispute with reason 'Agreed to Remove After Paying In Full' or research HIPAA process (not sure if it applies to your situation though, cannot talk about it here, google it). You can also try and get them to mail you a letterhead that you can send to the bureaus. There is a few options at least.

Sounds like they are taking their sweet time. Manual requests can take anywhere between 30-90 days I believe while an e-oscar request could be quite quicker than that. This is usually why everyone recommends to get everything in writing so that when you dispute this with all 3 bureaus you can send in that deletion letter to prove what they promised to you.

Seeing as this is no longer a debt and is now a paid collection in which you have no further obligation to OC or CA; I would dispute it with the bureaus with the reason 'They agreed to remove it upon paying in full'. It has already shown up as a recent paid collection because of the last date of activity so this is an avenue to try. Now, there is something called the HIPAA process which we aren't allowed to discuss here; I do not have any experience in dealing with that route however.

I still wish someone would put legislation forward that would allow Paid Collections to be removed from your credit report when they are paid in full and you no longer have an obligation to said OC/CA. If you paid something in full (with/without penalties/fees/interests), what business is it of other companies to be able to see that information when there is no longer a debt. Shaming someone for 7.5 years (or whatever time is left) for a debt paid in full is scummy.

Good luck in whatever choice you decide to make!

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 2 of 4
physicist82
Regular Contributor

Same thing happened to us. We kept our credit clean no inquiries or anything and when he went to pull it there was a med co that we didn't even know that the ins company didn't pay. We paid it and got proof of payment and our broker gave us letters to send to each bureau to get them to remove them. Haven't heard back yet. Dropped dh score 75 points
Message 3 of 4
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

I called Eq and TU to dispute. Now i just have to find the # tp Exp

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.