cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice about how to proceed...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some advice about how to proceed...

Ok, so I have the following charge offs reporting on my CR's, and each report seems to be reporting a bit differently:

Capital One ($0 balance, DOFD 8/09):

Ex - Paid CO

Tr - CO (not marked paid)

Eq - CO (not marked paid)

Capital One ($0 balance, DOFD 7/09):

Ex - Paid CO

Eq - Paid CO

Chase Bank ($0 balance, DOFD 10/10):

Ex - Paid CO

Tr - PIF CO

Eq - CO (not marked as paid)

Chase Bank ($0 balance, DOFD 9/10):

Ex - Closed, $2,199 written off

Tr - CO

Eq - Paid CO

Elan ($0 balance, unsure DOFD)

Ex - Closed, transfer to another lender

Eq - CO, transfer to another lender

Soooooo, my questions:

1) Do I need to worry about getting the paid CO's marked as such on the CRs where they aren't reporting as paid? If I am going to try to GW them off my reports, which should I worry about doing first - getting marked as paid or just go for the GW process?

2) Does it matter that two of the COs (Cap One and Elan) are not reporting on all three reports?

3) Elan is the only CO that doesn't have at least one CR marked as paid, and it's the only one that says transferred to another lender. It has been several years and I have heard nothing from Elan or a CA. How should I go about figuring out who I owe the money to, or if I even still owe?

Thanks so much for taking the time, guys, I honestly appreciate it. My head is spinning from this mess that is my credit report.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some advice about how to proceed...

Bump. Any advice? I would like to get the paid CO's reporting as paid on each CR they're reporting on. Should I contact the CR's (file a dispute - if so, online??) or contact the OCs?

As for Elan - I will have to pay it because we are looking for a mortgage in the next year, and I know everything will have to be paid. I'm thinking I should contact Elan directly to find out who holds the account. I'm assuming they sold it, though, and won't be able to pull it back. Maybe they will GW delete though once paid...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

the newest CO's are the first i would send GW letters to.

Elan, you need to call original creditor and ask them who was it sold to? then call and ask to send you info regarding the account.

For Mortgage Approval, you will have to show them paidoff. Also dont get any surprises when you are ready to apply for mortgages. Make sure no collections account just appears out of nowhere.

It will not necessarily mean they are off your credit reports until 7 years from DOFD

Message 3 of 5
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

the newest CO's are the first i would send GW letters to.

Elan, you need to call original creditor and ask them who was it sold to? then call and ask to send you info regarding the account.

For Mortgage Approval, you will have to show them paidoff. Also dont get any surprises when you are ready to apply for mortgages. Make sure no collections account just appears out of nowhere.

It will not necessarily mean they are off your credit reports until 7 years from DOFD

+1

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys :-)
I'm really worried about collections showing up on our reports once we apply :-/ I'm not sure how to avoid that, though, other than to go for a pre - approval maybe 6 months before we actually want to apply...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.