Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice about my cr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some advice about my cr

I have been bk discharge for 1 month now. So I went to get a loan at my local cu. I have had 2 loans there in the past both paid in full with no late payments. So he pulled my credit and said I have a 0 fico score now.  That its basically like I never had any credit. But all my paid loans show. So I require a co signer which I don't have. I have 0 debt and only collection account showing now are about 7 medicals which has 0 bal. So my question is how could I get the medical deleted from my report. All my debt accounts that were in collection have been deleted from my report. All these medical are from the same collection agencie. Would a goodwill letter help?  I figured if that's all its left if I can get it deleted then I'll have a clean slate minus the bk. then I'll do a secured cc and installment loan to get me started again.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need some advice about my cr

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been bk discharge for 1 month now. So I went to get a loan at my local cu. I have had 2 loans there in the past both paid in full with no late payments. So he pulled my credit and said I have a 0 fico score now.  That its basically like I never had any credit. But all my paid loans show. So I require a co signer which I don't have. I have 0 debt and only collection account showing now are about 7 medicals which has 0 bal. So my question is how could I get the medical deleted from my report. All my debt accounts that were in collection have been deleted from my report. All these medical are from the same collection agencie. Would a goodwill letter help?  I figured if that's all its left if I can get it deleted then I'll have a clean slate minus the bk. then I'll do a secured cc and installment loan to get me started again.  

GW letters would be your recommended option since there's no debt to satisfy and no PFDs that could be done.  Good luck!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some advice about my cr

One good way to get started is to ask them for a share secured loan. You can do this even if you don't have cash on hand for the savings. Just take $500 that would normally go toward monthly bills, deposit in the savings account for the secured loan, borrow $500 against the savings, use the borrowed $500 to pay the monthly bills, then make your monthly payments on the loan. After two payments you will free up enough of the savings that you should be able to make the rest of the payments directly from the savings account, and you can put it on 'autopilot', or you can simply keep making regular payments and have $500 saved up at the end of the loan.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.