Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice on how to deal with Midland

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some advice on how to deal with Midland

Tubbynerd can I get that information as well? Thank you.
Message 21 of 24
Shiva78
Contributor

If the account went into collections 12/14/2006, dont even deal with Midland. Contact the bureaus directly and let them know that should have been deleted months ago. Put that $$$ towards your new car and insurance.

So just an update on this:

TU was nice enough to delete this acct early.  I filed an online dispute on Sunday and it was gone by Tuesday.

As for EX and EQ, I opened up online disputes and uploaded a copy of the letter.  No updates yet.

To cover my bases, I also just now filed a complaint online with the CFPB.  They say they'll update me in 15 days.  Will keep you all in the loop.

Message 22 of 24
wa3more
Established Contributor

I would not pay them. It sounds like it was re-aged. You could dispute and if that does not work , tell them you will file suit.

In some states, a recent payment will restart the clock. I think there are maybe a dozen states where a new payment does not.

Message 23 of 24
Shiva78
Contributor

UPDATE!!! Need some advice on how to deal with Midland

Well I filed a complaint against Midland on 10/15 and waiting for a response still:

On 10/25 I filed a CFPB complained against EQ and here is there response.  I'm Happy!

I filed a complaint again EX on 10/27.  I hope to hear back soon.

Company responded

Equifax said:
Explanation of closure
Equifax has reviewed your complaint and conducted an investigation regarding the disputed item(s).  The disputed MIDLAND FUNDING LLC 852861* has been deleted from the Equifax credit file due to the response from the data furnisher.  A response has been mailed to you.
Relief
Equifax investigated and deleted the disputed midland management.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.