Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some guidance Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some guidance Update

I just wanted to report back that I took the advice about the GW letter and sent it off just before Thanksgiving. I apped for the Total Rewards Visa earlier this week and since I was given a higher APR, it gave me the link for getting a free Equifax report. I pulled the report and did NOT see the collection. Today I ordered my experian and it no longer shows the collection either. I haven't seen my TU this week but my Barclays TU fico score updated today and the score went up around 70 points so I'm thinking it has been removed from there also.  I am so thrilled about this....my scores have gone up tremendously. Thank you so much! I no longer have any baddies left on my reports!

Hi all.....I am new here and in need of some advice. I went through a credit ruining divorce in 2006 and am finally starting to rebuild. I have been able to get some cards with pretty nice limits and I know that is a step in the right direction. I have a paid medical bill collection on my report that is holding me back....what can I do about this? Anything? Thanks in advance for any advice and ideas. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need some guidance

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all.....I am new here and in need of some advice. I went through a credit ruining divorce in 2006 and am finally starting to rebuild. I have been able to get some cards with pretty nice limits and I know that is a step in the right direction. I have a paid medical bill collection on my report that is holding me back....what can I do about this? Anything? Thanks in advance for any advice and ideas. 

Welcome to the forums. You said that the medical bill is paid? If so, you would write them a GW letter. You can use the search feature here to get a few examples, but it's basically a reqeuest to remove a paid negative mark from your credit.

Message 2 of 6
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...you may have options but we need more info first ...you mention 2006 but not that it was the date on the medical bill ...what was the mo/year and what state do you live in?

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. The year 2006 really has nothing to do with the medical bill, not sure why I even mentioned it. The medical bill is from 2011 but I paid it either early this year or late last year.  Everything that happened in 2006 has already fallen off my report now I just need this off if possible. I live in GA.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the forums. You said that the medical bill is paid? If so, you would write them a GW letter. You can use the search feature here to get a few examples, but it's basically a reqeuest to remove a paid negative mark from your credit.

I will definitely search for examples of the GW letter. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated my original post. The GW letter worked. Thanks!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.