Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help/advise please

tag
BS3
New Contributor

Re: Need some help/advise please

They said their isnt anything they can do as it did go to Collections.  Should I try calling the hospital and ask to talk to a supervisor?  I do have a question pertaining to HIPAA - I had sent a PFD letter to the CA, they sent me a detailed list of the bill listing the bill out.  This lists DRUGS/DETAIL CODE, STERILE SUPPLY, RECOVERY ROOM and charges pertaining to.  Is the hospital allowed to send that to a CA?

Message 11 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, the CA is a covered entity for HIPAA purposes.  As long as YOU are the one they sent it to it is ok.  They cannot give it to anyone else.

Message 12 of 14
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@BS3 wrote:

I had a collection on my CR reported Jan 2012 by CA.  I paid the OC Feb 2013 (hoping to get it deleted as I want to refinance my home).  I had tried PFD with CA before I paid OC - it was a no go. Since I have paid the full amount, I have called the OC to ask them to pull it back - they wont.  Where do I go from here?  Suggestions?? I know its probably not hurting my score too much at this time, but still would like to have it removed. 

The CA can still report, but they must report $0. I'd wait 30 days and if they didn't update to $0, then I'd write the CA informing them they are misreporting and that it had already been paid to the OC. Then I would kindly ask the CA, to delete.

If they update before 30 days, then start sending GW letters,make phone calls or send smoke signals.

Whatever it takes to get there attention.  Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 13 of 14
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I am in a similar situation to you. If you cannot get the creditor to delete or pull back or remove the record once it is paid, and you cannot get the CRA to delete it, then you just have to live with it til it comes off on its own. The nature of the system is that if you are late paying something, it goes on your credit report. If everyone were able to just delete every negative from their credit reports then credit ratings would have no integrity. The good news is that the effects of this negative on your score will go down over time and it will eventually be deleted altogether. You can "dilute" it by doing good things in the future/present and paying your bills ontime from now on. If you don't currently have any credit cards then consider applying for some and as you demonstrate the ability to pay your bills on time moving forward, your credit score will improve.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.