cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help and advice, road to buying a home.

tag
djpolo
New Contributor

Re: Need some help and advice, road to buying a home.

The one i got with First Progress didnt even do an inquiry, and if they advertise no credit check, then i am sure they do not do a credit check either. I also was planning on getting an applied bank card.

PayPal MC: $8k | Marvel: $8k | Walmart Store: $6k | GameStop: $350 | Victoria Secret: $350 | Overstock: $2.4k | Kohls: $700 | AMEX BCE: $1.5k | BOA (99/Secured): $500 | Discover IT (Secured): $1k | Cap One (Secured): $1k | Wells Fargo: $1k | Citi (Secured): $500 | Lowes: $12k | Cap One QS1:
$500

Current Scores: 3/7/17 EX: 706 TU: 697 EQ: 674
Message 11 of 15
djpolo
New Contributor

Just Wanted to give everyone an update on my progress! I am almost there I can taste it.

Equifax 3 In 1 : Equifax 615 TU 618 Exp 626

MyFico: TU 646 Equifax 612

I am still waiting for 3 things to fall off from deletion letters and I am pretty sure those 3 things will give me the little boost that I need to buy my house!, I called the companys today and they told me I can fax them over my deletion letters to speed up the process, does anyone have the fax numbers for the 3 credit bureas for me?

PayPal MC: $8k | Marvel: $8k | Walmart Store: $6k | GameStop: $350 | Victoria Secret: $350 | Overstock: $2.4k | Kohls: $700 | AMEX BCE: $1.5k | BOA (99/Secured): $500 | Discover IT (Secured): $1k | Cap One (Secured): $1k | Wells Fargo: $1k | Citi (Secured): $500 | Lowes: $12k | Cap One QS1:
$500

Message 12 of 15
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

Questions:

I only have about 2000$ in debt, should I just pay it all off? Cash is really not an issue,  If i pay it all off, would they delete off of my credit report? Many medical CAs will do PFD (pay in full, they will remove).  Find out first if the original doctor/hospital still owns the account and pay them instead of the CA.

Should I pay off my auto loan? The whole point of me getting it was to help build my credit. No, keep the auto loan open for at least a year to reflect payment history of some sort.

What kind of score bumps would I see if I paid off the car loan, and or collection accounts? And how long will it take to reflect on my report? Paying (and having removed) the collection accounts would bring your score up considerably.

Should I also get another Applied Bank card for $500 or more? At this point, I would say wait until the collections are paid and removed before opening another card.  Your average age of accounts (AAoA) is pretty short already without adding another brand new baby into the mix.

My Equifax score watch shows my utilization at 1000% even though I do not have any credit cards? How can I get this down to an acceptable number? Sounds like your collection accounts are all reporting open with a balance, which is killing your utilization and your score.  Once paid or paid/removed, this will come down to next to nothing.

What score would I need to meet to get approved for a home loan? 640 is the minimum from what I understand.

Welcom to the forums!  Where are you getting your scores? There's a big difference in what we call FAKOs and real FICO scores. 

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 13 of 15
djpolo
New Contributor

I have showed scores from the equifax 3 in one, and the scores from here on myfico... cost me $70 to get them from both places, but I was interested in seeing from both..

$500

Message 14 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@txmomma26 wrote:

Questions:

I only have about 2000$ in debt, should I just pay it all off? Cash is really not an issue,  If i pay it all off, would they delete off of my credit report? Many medical CAs will do PFD (pay in full, they will remove).  Find out first if the original doctor/hospital still owns the account and pay them instead of the CA.

Should I pay off my auto loan? The whole point of me getting it was to help build my credit. No, keep the auto loan open for at least a year to reflect payment history of some sort. The installment loan helps with your credit mix only when open.  Don't close it.

What kind of score bumps would I see if I paid off the car loan, and or collection accounts? And how long will it take to reflect on my report? Paying (and having removed) the collection accounts would bring your score up considerably.

Should I also get another Applied Bank card for $500 or more? At this point, I would say wait until the collections are paid and removed before opening another card.  Your average age of accounts (AAoA) is pretty short already without adding another brand new baby into the mix.

My Equifax score watch shows my utilization at 1000% even though I do not have any credit cards? How can I get this down to an acceptable number? Sounds like your collection accounts are all reporting open with a balance, which is killing your utilization and your score.  Once paid or paid/removed, this will come down to next to nothing.  Collection accounts are not factored in to utilization.  If they are something is not right.

What score would I need to meet to get approved for a home loan? 640 is the minimum from what I understand.

Welcom to the forums!  Where are you getting your scores? There's a big difference in what we call FAKOs and real FICO scores. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.