Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help from your knowledgeable folks

tag
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Need some help from your knowledgeable folks

Finally sitting down and trying to rebuild my credit. Had some rough times last few years and finally seems like I'm on steady ground. With that said here is my quick history and maybe I can get some help from you all. Here is my quick overview of credit.

My score goes like this. Experian 488, TU 455, Equifax 466

Good

Ford Credit - Opened 10/2006. On time every month except this July 2011. I have been on time ever since and will pay it of in Feb 2012. I figured I will wait few one more month and try GW letters to see if that one 30 day late can be removed. I think that is what dipped my score so low as I was in 550s..nothing to brag but definitely better than 400s...

Household Bank Card - Just opened it in February 2011 and so far paid every month well before due dates. $300 limit and I try not to exceed $100 a month and I pay in full...usually just use it for gas and netflix.

The BAD!

Recent stuff

Midland - They sent me a letter and then some Law firm sent me a letter on behalf of them. I Sent a DV already. This was opened on 12/2010 and I think it's for my previous landlord. I don't agree with this since I never signed a new contract and I moved out on 5th of sept 2010 and he charged me full month. Im going to fight this one pretty strong.

NCA - Sending DV letter now. This is for Capital One card that I went Delinquent back in 2008. This CA is opened on 9/2009, but my DOFD is July 2008.

Midland - Another one that was opened on 5/2008. I honestly dont know for what..will DV

Asset Acceptance - Another one tha I dont know what it is for. Opened 4/2008. Is it possible that Midland and Asset is collecting for same thing? Will DV to find out

Credit Management LP - $105 dollars for unpaid Comcast bill from 12/2010. Will DV and DV again and then try to PFD for full amount. Last Resort will Pay in Full and then do GW if my PFD is not accepted

IC SYSTEMS - $300 for Utlity Bill - Same. WIll DV and DV again, try PFD and then Pay in full and try GW

Old Stuff

Capital One - Opened 1/2007 and first month of delinquency was July 2008. It is charged off and I called and they won't take payment or even do arrangement claiming it was sold to CA. I figure that there is no need to DV this one since its not a CA and they sold the debt. Is that correct? I just want it off the report. Sent an email to CEO and CFO of Capital One after all day of calls to different departments. Worse case will this fall off on or around 1/2014 or 7/2015?? Is it date opened or FDOD.

HSBC - Opened 12/2006 and FDOD is July 2008 as well. Called and called..same answer it was sold. Will try to GW this.

First National Bank along with 2 First Premier Banks. Low level $300 cards that I had in 2005 and 2006. Frankly I think they are so old that the credit is not so impacted. There is no CA chasing me for this other than FNCB for one of the cards and I sent them a DV today. This is very old and the damn CA is trying to put this on my credit. It's not on there yet...am I better of just paying this?? I did the DV but if it comes back valid I think I will pay this to keep it off my credit. It says oweed $516 but will settle for $200...can they even put this on my credit now since the thing is almost 6 years old???

Thanks for your advice....I kind of have a plan but I will take any advice and help I can get to get my score up. I see a lot of comments and most of you guys are a lot smarter than me when it comes to this stuff even though Im learning. I made a lot of mistakes in my youth and now that Im almost 30 I want to get this behind me.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need some help from your knowledgeable folks

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Scores first...unless you got them from a mortgage lender or all 3 came from different sources, you don't have your FICO scores. Experian (EX) blocked consumer access to your EX FICO score a couple of years ago. There are sites around the web that sell scores, but none of them are FICO scores. However, you can still get it from your lender or there are a couple of banks and CUs out there that will offer you your score as part of a service or benefit. What does this mena? Your FICO scores could be higher than you think. You can get your EQ and TU FICO from myFICO if ever interested.

The new 30 from Ford hurts. I'd start with the GWs now.

Household bank....continue to PIF. IIRC, CapOne just bought them out.

Midland...get a copy of your lease. Look at the terms. If you moved out on the 5th, make sure the monthly lease term runs up to the 5th or later (meaning you left early). If it goes from the first to the last day, then you would be at least responsible for that month, depending on the lease. Also, some terms might require you to give a 30 day written notice prior to the lease term ending (as an example) without having the lease auto-renew.

NCA - good step. If they verify and you agree, then mail NCA a PFD.....ONLY if NCA reports a balance. Otherwise ignore NCA and mail a PFD to CapOne (PFDs always go to whomever reports the balance). If CapOne says "No", I'd just pay it and start GWing.

Midland#2 - ditto. If they verify and you agree, then mail a PFD.

Asset - same.

CM, LP - ditto.

IC Systems - ditto.

CapOne - is this the same one for NCA? Make sure CapOne reports $0. If so, all you can do is GW since they don't own it or report the debt. DV letters can only go to CAs, not OCs.

HSBC - GW if they report $0.

Last 3 CCs - if they report a balance, and assuming they are a CO, then try a PFD. A DV won't work becasue DVs are only allowable per the FDCPA which covers CAs only. If you disagree with the debt, you can always contact the OC and ask for the last 2-3-4 statement copies and reconcile it that way. If these are reporting a balance and is being reported by the CC, then you might beneft by paying it since many COs continue to factor into utilization which is a big score-drainer.

Most all baddies can report for 7 past the individual late or 7 yrs if a CA or judgment or 7-7.5 yrs if a CO.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.