cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help regarding collections and pfd!

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Need some help regarding collections and pfd!

I was going to let things age off next year. However, now we are wanting a mortgge In september. I have 3 collections left.

1. Unique national....$42 for a library fine. They don't do pfd, and they delete automatically a year after payment. Anything I can do with this??

2. Portfolio recovery....$262. Sol is up. They have said no a million times to a pfd.

3. Direc management....$1364.... Sol is not up. Will be up in 2 months. I've not done anything at all with this.

All of these are updating monthly. I need a score raise, and prefer these gone. Wht can I do to encourage pfd or deletion??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need some help regarding collections and pfd!

Anyone?
Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

See if Direct Management will accept a PFD or settlement for a deletion.  It's worth the shot.

For the other 2 if you are applying in Sept, depending on the lender, they may require these be paid.

I would just pay the first 2 and send GW letters.  At least they would be paid.

Message 3 of 8
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I would wait to contact Direct Management in 2 months. They may threaten to sue before SOL is up if they say no to a PFD offer now.

Message 4 of 8
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

I called portfolio and begged forfd for PIF....but they said no. The nice lady was super friendly and helpful, even asked 2 managers and they said their policy is never to delete, only to update Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A search of the forums says that Portfolio is GW freindly for paid collections.

Message 6 of 8
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Would it have to be PIFor could I settle?
Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.