Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with AAOA

tag
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

Re: Need some help with AAOA

In any event, it was very tactless of you to point out that I didn't answer the OP's question.  Maybe I added some other info that the OP was not aware of and then  again maybe not but it wasn't your place to reply with that.  I have posted several times and have not gotten a direct answer for my question.  Frustrating, yes, but there were unrelated responses to my questions-most of the time, I learned more information that way. 

Simply put, I was trying to help.  Sorry OP for highjacking your post. Carry on.  

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Sunny I welcome as much help and advice and what different people have done as I can get!  While I have learned so much about credit since I started this "recovery," I still have a lot to learn and I want to get it right. 

@ llecs Georgia Power is reporting this.  It has not gone to a collection agency.  

@ Guinness thanks as always for your help.

With this I am not so much concerned with improving my score, or getting it removed (as I highly doubt GA Power will delete) as I am having my AAOA properly reported.  I am learning that getting things deleted off my report is lowering my AAOA which is OK because I am getting some really bad stuff removed.  I think I might just send Equifax a letter asking them to correct it, if anything for my peace of mind so GA Power does not report as my oldest account.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Millie, have you ever pulled your EQ FICO report from myFICO? If so, is the AAoA showing in there and does it line up with the GA Power TL? BTW, since it is an OC, it should be factored into AAoA. All OC accounts, good or bad, open or closed, are factored into AAoA.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten the myfico report before.  It also listed GA Power as my oldest account.  That is when I first looked at this.  At that time I did not want to do anything about it because my oldest account is 12 years.  I thought that if GA Power is listed as older than that it would help me not hurt me.

That was in February.  Since then I have gotten a lot of things fixed and removed on my CR.  I went up 66 points since February so its not that serious, but I want it right.  For once I care what my report says and what is happening.  :-)  I pulled my report from Equifax this week and it is said my age of accounts is OK.  In February it was excellent.  I understand this can be from things having been removed and it slightly lowered my AAOA.  Equifax says my oldest account is 11.9 years and my AAOA is 5 years.  I just got to thinking maybe I need to get that GA Power changed and moved from my revolving because it also factoring into my Util and messing up my AAOA?  

Message 14 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Millie, have you ever pulled your EQ FICO report from myFICO? If so, is the AAoA showing in there and does it line up with the GA Power TL? BTW, since it is an OC, it should be factored into AAoA. All OC accounts, good or bad, open or closed, are factored into AAoA.

Yes, IIecs is correct.  I did not realize it was from the OC, I thought it was a straight out collection.  Sorry for any confusion.

Just remember, that since it is an OC collection, it will come off after 7 - 7.5 years and all AAoA for that will be lost.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had the same thing happen on my CR. I had a collection being reported in my revolving accounts. I did a simple dispute and instead of moving it with the collections, it was totally deleted.

gobuck i can also attest to that.  I had a charge off that was pif, however it was reporting a balance on my credit report.  I disputed the balance acknowleging the account but disputed the inaccuracy of the acct's reporting and it was also deleted.  I think it's because the law requires all information to be accurate so if some it is innaccurate they might as well assume it all to be and they will expunge the whole record.  In this case as mentioned earlier the debt is still owed so if he disputes the inaccuracies he may get it deleted but sure enough they may rereport it more accurately.

edit: srry missed the quote the first time around just incase nobody knew what the heck i was referring to

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.