Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with goodwill letter to NCO financial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some help with goodwill letter to NCO financial

Hello, Im trying to send a goodwill letter to management at NCO financial. I have emailed Mod Cut with no response. So I tried the email I found for Mod Cut. The email I found is unable to deliver for some reason. I was wondering if someone could PM me some recent email addresses that I need to send a letter to. I have a collection that has already been paid that I need to try to get wiped off if anyone has had success i would appreciate some info.

Hello and welcome to the forums. Personal information is not allowed to be posted. You are welcome to exchange such things via PM (Private Message).

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need some help with goodwill letter to NCO financial

I can't speak to e-mail, but there have been many success stories after snail mail.

Message 2 of 22
Sacpodpeople

I just snail mailed them a few weeks ago after paying off my account in full. They were very quick to delete the tradelines from my reports. Just took a very generic letter to them and I had success on my first try. 

Starting Score: 604 EX 587 TU
Current Score: 604 EX 587 TU
Goal Score: 680 across
Message 3 of 22
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Bulldog, 

PM the individual you're looking for there and who already have tried to contact. I might be able to help. 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sacpodpeople,

I had a collections with NCO financial and went ahead and paid them in full in order to improve my credit. I didn't realize that they were not going to actually remove the collections from my report rather just show it was "paid". This caused to score to go down about 30 points. I saw that you said you snail mailed them and they were quick to delete it from your reports. Can i please get some info from you?! What address and who did you sent the letter to? I have done some searches to get this information but i keep finding different addresses and i'm not sure who i should address the letter to. Also, any advice on what i should say in the letter? I am very desperate to get this removed. Thanks so much!!!

Message 5 of 22
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sacpodpeople,

I had a collections with NCO financial and went ahead and paid them in full in order to improve my credit. I didn't realize that they were not going to actually remove the collections from my report rather just show it was "paid". This caused to score to go down about 30 points. I saw that you said you snail mailed them and they were quick to delete it from your reports. Can i please get some info from you?! What address and who did you sent the letter to? I have done some searches to get this information but i keep finding different addresses and i'm not sure who i should address the letter to. Also, any advice on what i should say in the letter? I am very desperate to get this removed. Thanks so much!!!

I had 2 accounts with NCO Financial--one was medical, one was not.  I sent DV's to the address on my CR.  They were both to a PO Box, but different box #'s.  They deleted one and one was verified.  I got the same form letter for both, and then another letter when they verified.  

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 6 of 22
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I'd send them a DV first to the Prudential Rd address in Horsham, PA. They will send what I guess is "validation" back and delete the tradeline. At that point, I'd pay them.

They were only reporting on TU for me.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send DV's for collections that have already been paid? Mind have been paid i just am wanting to get them removed.

Message 8 of 22
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you send DV's for collections that have already been paid? Mind have been paid i just am wanting to get them removed.

You wouldn't send a DV, you would send a goodwill letter, asking them to remove the collection and explaining why you want it removed.  I think there are samples here, but you want to personalize it as much as you can regarding your situation and kill them with kindness.  Good luck!

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 9 of 22
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Because NCO is so large I learned very quickly they have separate divisions, I suggest you call compliance : 800-550-9619
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.