Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help

tag
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

Need some help

I recently received a collection notice from a CA for a medical bill that should have been covered. I called and found out after a bit of run around that they never submitted it to my insurance. They told me that they have now submitted the bill to my insurance and it could take some time. 

I sent a DV to the CA. But I just received a second letter from them threatening to report to my CR unless I pay in full. The letter was dated the day before they received my DV. 

What do I need to do to make sure this item does not show up on my CR. Should I call the Dr office and request that they remove the account from the CA until the matter is resolved? Should I contact the CA and explain that the debt is disputed and is being submitted to my insurance? 

What happens when DV is requested? Does the CA contact the OC to confirm the information or do they just check their own paperwork and determine the debt valid?

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need some help

They need to provide a debt is owed and who is collecting.  If you ask for the OC and their address and an accounting of the debt they need to provide those.

I would have the OC recall the debt since it is their mistake.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.