Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some quick advice, please help!!

tag
Twitchrdrm
Regular Contributor

Need some quick advice, please help!!

I am off today so I can easily prepare w/e letter I need to send out certified mail today. So any quick advice would be great, thanks!

I have spent the last year cleaning up derogatories on my CR's and I have come quite a long way. When I started I had 5-6 derog's on all 3 CB's, today I am down to 1 on TU, 2 on EX, and 1 on EQ.

I'm looking for some advice on the following:

1) An HSBC charge off. I paid the collections agency a settlement in March which boosted the hell outta my credit score. I want to try and get HSBC to delete this. I haven't gotten anywhere however, I applied and was approved online and I never signed an application and the acct was opened in 2007 I doubt they have any records. What should I do here? They are reporting derogatory on EQ and EX.

2) I paid a collections agency Professional Acct Mgmt in Milwaukee WI 92 back in Feb and they deleted from TU and EX but continue to report derog on EQ, I doubt they even have my "file" on record anymore, any advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need some quick advice, please help!!

1) The contract would be within the app itself. Likely there was a checkbox you had to check agreeing to terms found on another link. ETA...they'll also update the terms every so often and you automatically accept the terms by using the card. Also, if you used the CC and signed, you can't exactly say you never used it. I'd send a GW.

2) Did you get any PFD in writing before paying? If no PFD agreement was made then send a GW asking them if they wouldn't mind deleting. If they deleted off the other two, then odds are that they'll delete off EQ.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.