Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some serious help rebuilding my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some serious help rebuilding my credit

Things got rough for a bit and we were making payments late on a couple loans.Also have a couple settlements on my account.The bad thing is that Discover said I had to be 90 days late to be able to work with me.So thats what we did.I also have a few collections on there from a few years ago for medical bills and a sprint bill.I never knew about the sprint bill.I am in the process of mailing letters to the 3 bureau's to try and get "some" of the negative" items removed. I need some advise on what to do from here to get myu credit back to 600+.Its barely over 500 right now...PLEASE HELP.

Should I pay the collections if they agree to remove them off my report?

Any tips on writting the leters to the 3 bereau's? I typed them up on the computer, should they be hand written?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: Need some serious help rebuilding my credit

IMHO I would pay the collections if they agree to PFD

Any and all letters I send to the CRA are hand written and in purple ink or someother odd color ink

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the purpose of the odd colored ink?Excuse my lack of knowledge..lol

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Any collection that you can get removed from your CR will definitely help your score.

The odd colored ink is so the letter is unscannable.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.