Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some uplifting score drop

tag
TheR105
Regular Contributor

Need some uplifting score drop

Received score watch dropped 18 points, possible reason new credit category or change in balance. I know its not the balance so I must be in a new category. I know u guys say this is a good thing but it doesn't feel good when I've been working so hard.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need some uplifting score drop

I'd pull EQ from somewhere and look for changes. 18 is quite a bit and could easily be caused by any number of things.

Message 2 of 6
TheR105
Regular Contributor

I pulled eq and it is stating my last late pay is 2 months, no clue. My last latevis 1 yr 7 months ago. I settled a charge off 2 months ago and it updated fine in June then updated again in July now I'm recently 2 months late.
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@TheR105 wrote:
I pulled eq and it is stating my last late pay is 2 months, no clue. My last latevis 1 yr 7 months ago. I settled a charge off 2 months ago and it updated fine in June then updated again in July now I'm recently 2 months late.

Look closely at any COs or CAs reporting. Look to see if any updated the reporting date in June. That would be the culprit.

ETA....many unpaid COs update monthly anyway.

Message 4 of 6
TheR105
Regular Contributor

Thanks I did figure it out. I settled with the OC in May but they were still showing a balance. The account was charged off in 2007. When updated they made the settled payment show as a late pay made in May. Is this correct being the account has been charged off for years?
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately that happens with quite a few COs when you pay or settle without a PFD. Technically they can add lates monthly up to that point. I'd start with the GWs.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.