Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need something removed...please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need something removed...please help!

I have a collection account on all three credit reports that I would like to see removed.. I have been through this in the past and had rebuilt my credit to high 700s..and now this.

I am military and getting ready to deploy so I cancelled DISH service.  For whatever reason the payments were kicked off autopay and I owed about $237 which they reported to RPM receivables performance.  I initially talked to DISH and asked them if they could do anything.  Of course they tried to get me to pay them and would not remove the collection account even if I do pay.  I then called RPM to see if they would help me out after I expained the situation.  They said they would update the account to PAID IN FULL, but it still shows as a recent collection account doesn't it?  My score has fallen to 650 and I am pretty bummed.  RPM said they are physically not able to remove it from the credit report.. which I know is not the case.  We just removed a negative item from my wife's report which was pretty easy to do.. 

Please.. does anyone have ANY suggestions as to what can be done?  Doesn't SCRA protect against sending someone's account to collection while deployed?

Thanks.

Mike

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need something removed...please help!

I would send them a sob story about you being deployed and unable to handle afairs at home because you were overseas doing work on behave of our Government (lay it on thick) and ask if they would please delete the account after receiving payment in full for the account. Just make sure you get it in writing before actually paying it. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried that.. they are not budging.. but I did call DISH and talked to a rep.  I even threw in the idea that I wanted to renew service in order to sweeten the deal and see if they would help me out in order to retain a customer.. according to the guy I talked to, he said I could pay it with him and they would recall the collection.  Does this mean that recalled.. as in RPM disappears off my report?  What specific language do I need to hear/see?  What are the odds that DISH will send a confimation email or something verifying this?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have tried that.. they are not budging.. but I did call DISH and talked to a rep.  I even threw in the idea that I wanted to renew service in order to sweeten the deal and see if they would help me out in order to retain a customer.. according to the guy I talked to, he said I could pay it with him and they would recall the collection.  Does this mean that recalled.. as in RPM disappears off my report?  What specific language do I need to hear/see?  What are the odds that DISH will send a confimation email or something verifying this?

I would recommend getting written verification, even if it is an email from the rep., that states they will recall the debt prior to paying. Is it just the CA that is showing on your reports or both the CA and OC? If OC then ask rep. to do pay for delete. If only CA then get Dish to recall and pay it once you receive verification. DV the CA and there is no debt to verify any longer. They may even delete once it is recalled. good luck.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says Receivables Performance (Orig Creditor Dish)  Closed / Collection / Closed / Collection.  So I am assuming just the CA is showing on there?  There is only one item and that's it.  If I get an email stating that if I pay they will recall and remove it I should be good shouldn't I?  I asked specifically if I paid they would recall it and it would essentially dissappear from my report.. he said yes...  so I am hoping?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It says Receivables Performance (Orig Creditor Dish)  Closed / Collection / Closed / Collection.  So I am assuming just the CA is showing on there?  There is only one item and that's it.  If I get an email stating that if I pay they will recall and remove it I should be good shouldn't I?  I asked specifically if I paid they would recall it and it would essentially dissappear from my report.. he said yes...  so I am hoping?

Yes. Sounds like a win/win. You get up to date with them and they get a new old customer back. Just make sure you get verification from Dish they will recall once you pay the old account.

Message 6 of 14
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

RPM will do a pay for delete. After you pay them, goodwill them and ask them to remove the debt and they will.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If Dish recalls the debt from the collector, yes they must stop reporting. You might have to do a dispute with the CRA's after its recalled to get it to go away. Get promises in writing. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodwill them?  How much are they going to ask?  In the case my thing with DISH doesn't pan out.. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Goodwill them?  How much are they going to ask?  In the case my thing with DISH doesn't pan out.. 

Goodwilling only costs a stamp and an envelope - or free through Email

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.