ForMyWife

Need suggestions to stall CA's settlement offer

We received a great settlement offer but won't have the money for at least 1 month.  The letter  says it expires in 20 days (now  14 days). What can I do to stall or draw this out until I get the money?  Send a PFD?

Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: Need suggestions to stall CA's settlement offer

ForMyWife wrote:

We received a great settlement offer but won't have the money for at least 1 month.  The letter  says it expires in 20 days (now  14 days). What can I do to stall or draw this out until I get the money?  Send a PFD?

Counter with a PFD and that should buy you some time

ccpics2.jpg
Regular Contributor
Kartel34

Like I posted on your other thread..if you let the offer expire they might not offer you the same deal.

Regular Contributor
maluba

Can you ask them to set up a payment plan? You can pay them a small maount until you get the money and then just pay it off.

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
fishbjc

That has happened to me before.....they have always renewed the offer.  Don't forget that anything over $600 saved will get you a 1099 (more than likely), so factor that in.

Have you DV'd this CA?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+