cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need tips to rebuilding my credit and new FICO model 9.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need tips to rebuilding my credit and new FICO model 9.

I don't have very much credit history. I am paying two of my students loan which is small and their other one is on deferment till June. I also pay my phone but it is under my dad's name. I have one collection which is paid off ( I know it not good). My credit history is in low 600. I heard rumors that the new FICO model 9 is suppose to be out this month. I check the fako credit sometimes and I noticed that the information is wrong and my credit score keep dropping to 550's on fako score that I got from is credit karma, credit sesame. Should I don't worry about the fako score and use my fico?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Need tips to rebuilding my credit and new FICO model 9.

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't have very much credit history. I am paying two of my students loan which is small and their other one is on deferment till June. I also pay my phone but it is under my dad's name. I have one collection which is paid off ( I know it not good). My credit history is in low 600. I heard rumors that the new FICO model 9 is suppose to be out this month. I check the fako credit sometimes and I noticed that the information is wrong and my credit score keep dropping to 550's on fako score that I got from is credit karma, credit sesame. Should I don't worry about the fako score and use my fico?

Please don't worry about the scores listed on Credit Karma.  The scores listed on there is ancient.  They are not revelant anymore.  Yes only use MyFico for your scores.  We all CK for reports nothing else.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pway,

I saw your comment about "we all use CK for reports and nothing more" - I kept reading how the CK scores are meaningless and wondered why so many on this board mention CK if the scores are so off - then your comment. Are you able to get low cost reports on CK or something like that? I'm looking to pull my reports but not wanting to spend so much so wondered if that might be a good option. I have already used my free "annual" credit report for the year and paid for reports on myfico.

I am doing a lot of GW letters at the moment and anxious to check my reports more often. If you have any good tips for getting free or low cost reports, I would love to hear more!

and Ace17: I'm gonna try to read up on the new version Fico model 9 you mention.

Thank you both so much - I've learned so much from this Forum!

Message 3 of 11
Pway
Valued Contributor

Credit Check Total offers a trial for $1 for seven days.  When you call to cancel after the trial period is over they offer you half off the 29, which I believe is 14.97 for a period of years.  Some have gotten 1 year and some have gotten the 5 year discount.  CCT you is able to obtain all three scores and reports when you sign up.  CK is free.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Pway!  I will check them both out.  How often can you get a fresh report (i.e. every month or is it just once a year or ??)  if you know...  Thanks!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Pway,

I saw your comment about "we all use CK for reports and nothing more" - I kept reading how the CK scores are meaningless and wondered why so many on this board mention CK if the scores are so off - then your comment. Are you able to get low cost reports on CK or something like that? I'm looking to pull my reports but not wanting to spend so much so wondered if that might be a good option. I have already used my free "annual" credit report for the year and paid for reports on myfico.

I am doing a lot of GW letters at the moment and anxious to check my reports more often. If you have any good tips for getting free or low cost reports, I would love to hear more!

and Ace17: I'm gonna try to read up on the new version Fico model 9 you mention.

Thank you both so much - I've learned so much from this Forum!

I use CK for the report only. But I'm not rebuilding to qualify for anything, I'm just trying to get my reports cleaned up after a couple of hard years that left them a little messy. If I was looking to get a loan soon, then I would care about my scores, but since I'm not, my actual FICO scores aren't important. If you are trying to get to a certain FICO score by a certain time to qualify for a mortgage or auto loan etc., then paying for a service such as MyFICO seems to be the way to go. If you just want to get your reports cleaned up, start off my using free sites like CK and Credit Sesame- then once youve cleaned up everything on those, or done as much as you can look into paying for copies of your reports to make sure nothing got missed.

That's what I'm doing anyways.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

VCA,  well, FREE is certainly in my budget these days so I will definitely be checking those sites out for free reports!!  Thank you!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, Pway!  I will check them both out.  How often can you get a fresh report (i.e. every month or is it just once a year or ??)  if you know...  Thanks!

Credit Check Total allows a fresh pull of your EX report daily, and a fresh pull of TU and EQ once a month. It also gives you your FICO 8 scores with each pull. Not a bad deal for $14.95 a month.

Credit Karma pulls fresh reports once a week - TU and EQ.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Norman, Thanks for those details!  Now that I am deep into my rebuilding and awaiting responses on my GW attack, I know I won't be able to wait months for a fresh credit report to see the results. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with this Forum!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Norman, Thanks for those details!  Now that I am deep into my rebuilding and awaiting responses on my GW attack, I know I won't be able to wait months for a fresh credit report to see the results. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with this Forum!

With CK - your scores aren't right -but at least you can see what your attacks have killed off!    I use CK to track the report - and CCT to track the actual scores and reports. 

Sadly - I have become a credit junkie - since I got mine all cleaned up -now I'm tracking my husbands!  LOL - His scores are higher than mine on CK - so this could be interesting!   However - he has NO cards to speak of - and tried and was denied for a Discover Card last month...file too thin they say.   I may have to AU him on my new cards.....not that I really want to (but that is another story)

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.