Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Vent

tag
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Need to Vent

Received a letter today from Pioneer Recovery about owing $42 for a parking ticket where my daughter goes to school.  Immediately called them IT WAS FROM JANUARY!  The car is registered in my name so it is my responsibility.  I asked if they reported to CRA's and was told no.  I asked if they were recording the conversation and they said no.  I asked if they would send me an email saying that they had not, and would not, report, and they said they didn't do that.  Sigh.

So, I paid the $43 on AMEX.  I figured I could dispute the charge if my daughter had, in fact, paid the fine or if they report so I can PFD.  Or I could just GW them or dispute.

On top of all this, DD is in Europe on a study abroad program on my dime!  Just FB'd her to tell her of my displeasure.  She'll be back on Friday after a month over there.

She's a good kid, usually very responsible, good student, and this will make her feel terrible.  But I did tell her that if it reported it would tank my credit and stay on my reports for seven years.  A teachable moment.

Pioneer has an A+ rating with BBB so it seems they are a reputable company.  I don't think they will report, and if they do I think I can take care of it.  But it's that simple and easy to lose 100+ points, isn't it?  Just one "innocent" slip by my 20 year old DD could sent me from the highest tier to below average.  smh

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need to Vent

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.