Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to boost my scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to boost my scores

My car ('91 Honda Accord) is on its last legs. I'm about to move to another state, completely changing my living situation, but job is staying the same. I need to boost my scores to help me get a decent car loan so I can get into a vehicle younger than my youngest sibling while at the same time keeping payments managable. Scores are currently all under 650 (615 EQ, 617 TU, 597 EX), student loans are in deferment, Any advice appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jbsea
Established Contributor

Re: Need to boost my scores

well first welcome to myfico... do you have any cc?  anything derogatory on your credit report? 

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 2 of 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My car ('91 Honda Accord) is on its last legs. I'm about to move to another state, completely changing my living situation, but job is staying the same. I need to boost my scores to help me get a decent car loan so I can get into a vehicle younger than my youngest sibling while at the same time keeping payments managable. Scores are currently all under 650 (615 EQ, 617 TU, 597 EX), student loans are in deferment, Any advice appreciated.

We need a little more information to help you out.  Do you have any baddies, collections, credit cards, if so what is your utilization?

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've currently got six revolving accounts

Amazon

Kohl's

Chase (?)

Discover

Capital One

Bank of America

The Amazon and Kohl's are $300.00 each store cards that are currently paid in full. The Discover and CapOne are credit cards I've had open since 2007 ($1500.00 and $1000.00 respectively) both with nearly full utilization at the moment, double mininum payment paid monthly. The Bank Of America was closed due to serious delinquency and I recently finished paying it off (go me!) but am not sure if I should leave sleeping dogs lie since it's no longer active. The Chase is a closed account (as of June 2015) and has never been late.

Not sure what a "baddie" is (I'm super new), as for collections there's four currently, two medical that have been paid (as of Dec. 2012 and May 2013), two State of MD that have not been paid that I can't currently afford to pay off. The two State of MD collections are both on TransUnion and not on the others, if that makes any kind of difference.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've currently got six revolving accounts

Amazon

Kohl's

Chase (?)

Discover

Capital One

Bank of America

The Amazon and Kohl's are $300.00 each store cards that are currently paid in full. The Discover and CapOne are credit cards I've had open since 2007 ($1500.00 and $1000.00 respectively) both with nearly full utilization at the moment, double mininum payment paid monthly. The Bank Of America was closed due to serious delinquency and I recently finished paying it off (go me!) but am not sure if I should leave sleeping dogs lie since it's no longer active. The Chase is a closed account (as of June 2015) and has never been late.

Not sure what a "baddie" is (I'm super new), as for collections there's four currently, two medical that have been paid (as of Dec. 2012 and May 2013), two State of MD that have not been paid that I can't currently afford to pay off. The two State of MD collections are both on TransUnion and not on the others, if that makes any kind of difference.

Best way to get fast score increase would be to get those cards reporting low balances.

When was the last late payment on the BoA account?

"Baddie" is anything derogatory on your reports.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.