Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to clean up my credit in 4 months!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to clean up my credit in 4 months!

My husband and I are looking to start shopping for a house in October. I have 2 baddies and 1 judgement on my credit report that I need to get taken care of. My goal is to have my mid-mortgage score at 700 by then. 

Current scores (fico 8): EQ: 651 TU: 669 EX: 648

Current mortgage scores:  EQ: 693 TU: 651 EX: 684

Collection #1: Pinnacle (Verizon)

$414

Reporting monthly since 6/2013. From what I've read, they don't do PFD so am I better off settling the account?

Collection #2: Williams & Fudge

$1413

Reporting since 9/2013

To settle or PIF?

Judgement: Midland Funding

$1310

Initial filing date is 7/18/08

From what i've read, the state of idaho gives 5 years to collect and then it's forfeited. Can anyone confirm that or have a better a understanding?

Is it realistic for me to get my mid-score to a 700 by then if I address these issues? Any and all help is appreciated! If you need more info to provide a better answer, please let me know! TIA!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to clean up my credit in 4 months!

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband and I are looking to start shopping for a house in October. I have 2 baddies and 1 judgement on my credit report that I need to get taken care of. My goal is to have my mid-mortgage score at 700 by then. 

Current scores (fico 8): EQ: 651 TU: 669 EX: 648

Current mortgage scores:  EQ: 693 TU: 651 EX: 684

Collection #1: Pinnacle (Verizon)

$414

Reporting monthly since 6/2013. From what I've read, they don't do PFD so am I better off settling the account?

Collection #2: Williams & Fudge

$1413

Reporting since 9/2013

To settle or PIF?

Judgement: Midland Funding

$1310

Initial filing date is 7/18/08

From what i've read, the state of idaho gives 5 years to collect and then it's forfeited. Can anyone confirm that or have a better a understanding? Five years, and it can be renewed for another 5 years. Contact the court and find out if its been renewed or not. Regardless, request early exclusion from the CRA's. Otherwise it will drop in August.

Is it realistic for me to get my mid-score to a 700 by then if I address these issues? Any and all help is appreciated! If you need more info to provide a better answer, please let me know! TIA!!

Whether paying the oters will benefit scores depends on if they are updating monthly. They are relatively recent. Lender may want them settled anyway, so you might try to settle for the least amount you can. Whether you can get to 700 is anyones geuss, but its possible since the PR is dropping.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply! I've never done an EE, is there an explanation somewhere on how to do that?

I just spoke with pinnacle, who transferred me to crosstown law and they are willing to settle for $210 so I'll accept the settlement. At this point in the game, I just want to be free of my earlier mistakes. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most just call up and ask the CSRs. You can also write to them and request it.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, I will give that a shot! Thanks for the help! It is greatly appreciated!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to clean up my credit in 4 months!-Update

Update on my progress:

The judgement from Midland was not renewed within the time frame and has fallen off my TU report!

I also sent in a settlement to Pinnacle so they can stop reporting monthly and hopefully that will boost my score.

Now to tackle Williams and Fudge, my last baddie on my CR. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.