cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get EOS CCA removed. Any tips?

tag
VELVETELVIS

Need to get EOS CCA removed. Any tips?

Wow- I came here for help with eos cca and this thread is sooo recent! I alo remembered I had a log in already too!

Anyways- hate to hijack, but hate to start a new thread that is so similiar.

My ebay account was legitimately hacked my someone I know. Do not know who for sure, but updated info is in my city. they racked up $250 in ebay fees and it has been turned over to EOS CCA. just received first letter dated 10/22/12 Ebay tells me since it was local or someone I know, I am still liable because it was my fault for not securing my account. Whatever the case I am a victim of identity theft. not conventional anonymous theft.

I used to have experience sending out Debt validation etc when i fixed my credit years ago, hence having a MYFICO login. Thanks to you guys I am 700 plus score now and bought a home recently.

I will read up in the beginner help section, but should I fire off C&D claiming fraud. Any buzzwords to scare them off? Thank you and I apologize if I should have started a new thread

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need to get EOS CCA removed. Any tips?

Ebay is full of it.  File a police report as you would would any identity theft and send the report to the CRAs.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need to get EOS CCA removed. Any tips?

OP, I split your post to form a new one here to keep the other on topic. Your issue in dealing with EOS CCA would be handled differently too. I had to edit the title, but changed nothing else. If you'd like to change the title, click "Options" and then "Edit Message".

If I had that, and my true assertion was ID theft, then I'd dispute with the CRAs via mail with a copy of the police report. If you don't have a police report, get one filed. The only way you can claim theft with the CA or CRAs is to take the steps to assert that claim. Most of the poepl that contact them about a debt claim that it isn't theirs and absent proof, it'snearly impossible to get it removed.

Now if you didn't want to call police on your former friend, then I understand. If that's the case, then proceed that it is yours and DV them. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

Even if it was a friend, eBay is wrong in their claim. A theft is a theft, whether you know the person or not.

Don't send a C&D. If inside SOL, that'll increase your odds of being sued plus it won't scare them away.

ETA...still a slow typer.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.