Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to increase 50 points for mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to increase 50 points for mortgage

Hi Guys

I'm going to buy a home from builder in May 2016. They are going to start in Mid of Jan 2016. Right now I got Mortgage preapproval for FHA.

Here is my mortgage score during my pre-approval (dec 15 201%)

Exp : 656 (No collection accounts, 2 credit card late payment 11 months ago)

Equifax : 614( 2 collection accounts, 2 credit card late payment 11 months ago)

Transunion- 627 (1 collection accounts, 2 credit card late payment 11 months ago)

Average credit hitory : 4 years ( oldest account 9 years)

Credit card utlization -  8500/20350 ( 41%)

Installement loans : 4 (2 auto and 2 personal loans)

I want to go for conventional loan with 7% down payment, for that i need to increase mid score to 680 in order to get better PMI.

What I can do in order to hit mid score (from 627 to 680) mark in 3-4 months time before closing.

Please suggest

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to increase 50 points for mortgage

On the collections, how old are they and for how much? And how what are your card limits and utilization per card?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your reply. Collections were 1 year old .

Cards
Capital one: 0/600
Capital one: 0/600
Capital one: 340/1500
Chase : 190/1000
Credit union : 5800/8000
Jcp : 108/1000
Target : 0/600
Credit one : 14/450
Boa: 682/2500( AU)
Boa : 80/1000(AU)
Cap : 700/1600 (AU)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have 11 cards with 8 carrying a balance. If you can get more than 50% of them to 0 you'll get a boost, can't say how much. Ideally you should have 1 card reporting a balance of less than 10%. Might not be possible in your case. The Credit union card is at 70%. Get that one down as much as possible. And if it is feasible try to do PFD on the collections because they are so new you're getting hit harder than if they were older.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

And try GW letters for the lates
Message 5 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Bring the utilization down, it should help. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 9
RMN

Do you want a suggestion that is better for you in the long run.  Flip your thinking! Your scores are high enough for FHA.  Take the loan. Conventional can be tricky at such a marginal combined FICO. If you feel financially stable, which you should be buying a home, pay down the principal (not mortgage) to get a ZERO PMI.  You are already at 7%, 13% to go.  And the secret to put even less than 20% down will reveal itself after you buy the house.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys
Thanks for the reply. I'm choosing conventional loan in order to avoid upfront mortgage of 1.85% . I'm working on PFD 2 with collection. Hope it will work.Tried GW for late.it didn't work.
Will pay off small balance and keep $0 balance got atleast 6 cards. Credit union going to reduce from $5800 to $3500 out of $8000 . Will these plan make me to reach me mid 680?
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys
Thanks for the reply. I'm choosing conventional loan in order to avoid upfront mortgage of 1.85% . I'm working on PFD 2 with collection. Hope it will work.Tried GW for late.it didn't work.
Will pay off small balance and keep $0 balance got atleast 6 cards. Credit union going to reduce from $5800 to $3500 out of $8000 . Will these plan make me to reach me mid 680?

You'll get a bigger score boost paying that card down to below $2400 (<30%) Pay off all of the small balance cards.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.