Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know if this help my score???

tag
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

Need to know if this help my score???

I have a repo after my BK and am currently making payments on that repo with the company that financed me. But currently I have the option to pay the balance in full and then have them delete the trade line and the repo from my credit if I can pay the full balance in 30 days. My question is since I have a BK on my credit and this repo was after my BK will paying the account in full and having them remove it from my credit help or should I just settle and have a settled in full on my credit? Any help would be great!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to know if this help my score???

I would have it deleted. You can't do anything about the BK reporting but you can get this baddie deleted.

make sure that you have in writing that they will delete all reporting whrn PIF.

You want all baddies off your CR when you can and if not then have more good credit reporting then bad.

Message 2 of 4
TryN2Rebuild
Regular Contributor

I did get it in writing and it is signed and notarized from the company they agree to delete the trade line completly if the account is paid in full by the last day in August. Will having this removed increase my score?
Message 3 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@ewingerter wrote:
I did get it in writing and it is signed and notarized from the company they agree to delete the trade line completly if the account is paid in full by the last day in August. Will having this removed increase my score?

It doesn't get any better than that!!!!  Yes, any baddie removed will give you a bump up.  How much?  No one knows.

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 08-07-2009 11:33 AM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.