Regular Contributor
TryN2Rebuild

Need to know if this help my score???

I have a repo after my BK and am currently making payments on that repo with the company that financed me. But currently I have the option to pay the balance in full and then have them delete the trade line and the repo from my credit if I can pay the full balance in 30 days. My question is since I have a BK on my credit and this repo was after my BK will paying the account in full and having them remove it from my credit help or should I just settle and have a settled in full on my credit? Any help would be great!!!
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

Re: Need to know if this help my score???

I would have it deleted. You can't do anything about the BK reporting but you can get this baddie deleted.

make sure that you have in writing that they will delete all reporting whrn PIF.

You want all baddies off your CR when you can and if not then have more good credit reporting then bad.

Regular Contributor
TryN2Rebuild

I did get it in writing and it is signed and notarized from the company they agree to delete the trade line completly if the account is paid in full by the last day in August. Will having this removed increase my score?
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

[ Edited ]

ewingerter wrote:
I did get it in writing and it is signed and notarized from the company they agree to delete the trade line completly if the account is paid in full by the last day in August. Will having this removed increase my score?

It doesn't get any better than that!!!!  Yes, any baddie removed will give you a bump up.  How much?  No one knows.

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 08-07-2009 11:33 AM

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}